Yay!...Got my Kenyan! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Rosy, Sand, Ground Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-19-2005, 03:10 AM   #1
StinaUIUC
Talking Yay!...Got my Kenyan!

Meet Corona Just wanted to share some photos!

and his cage...

Isn't he adorable??!!! Now does anyone know of any frozen mouse suppliers in the midwest that sell in packages of less than 100 and would charge less than $20smt for shipping?......lol

Old 10-20-2005, 12:18 AM   #2
rjward97
He is adorable!! Is this your 1st KSB? They are great little guys. I just added a pair to my collection, so I have a male and 3 girls now... cannot wait til next fall for babies!

Old 10-20-2005, 12:39 AM   #3
Karen Hulvey
Aww he's a cutie. I love the high white speckles on his sides.

Nice cage set up too.

For buying frozen pinks in smaller quantities, go to a reptile show. You can get as many or as little as you want. I see you live in Illinois. There are a TON of great shows in Illinois almost every month.

Old 10-20-2005, 06:09 AM   #4
StinaUIUC
Thanks! Roxanne, yes he is my first kenyan...he's actually my first snake! I've always loved snakes and used to catch them all the time...occasionally we'd keep one for a few days...but we always released them. My mom will kill me when she finds out I got him...lol Oh well!

Karen, the problem with going to a reptile show is that I have to drive...and I drive an F-150...it doesn't exactly get the best gas mileage....lol All the shows that I'm aware of are at least an hour from Champaign. I am trying to find someone to go with me to the midwest reptile expo this sunday...but if I can't find anyone I'm not going to go. It would cost me at least as much in gas as it would in shipping...lol

Old 10-20-2005, 08:56 PM   #5
keego73
I have some friends from around that area. Winter break I can see if any of them would take some mice over to you when they go home. I usually have an excess of mice. Before that, though, you might want to try rodent farm. Shipping is over $20, but they have good prices and I've never had a bad experience with them.

Old 10-20-2005, 09:01 PM   #6
keego73
oh and btw

That's probably the tightest set-up I've ever seen for a new herper. Let us know how it works out for the snake.

Old 10-21-2005, 06:08 PM   #7
StinaUIUC
Thanks Keegan Chances are I won't need mice come this winter...b/c I'm sure I'll end up with at least 25-50 wherever I get them from. As far as my setup...I'm not really a new herper..I've kept and bred leopard geckos for the past year and before that had a couple of turtle hatchlings (who I took proper care of due to good research...but one was stolen...don't ask...and I believe the other had been harboring pneumonia for awhile and then died of it). Corona is just my first snake...and I was sure to do my research to set him up right

Old 11-08-2005, 10:39 PM   #8
Southwick Herps
I used to have Kenyans. They were a fun pair of snakes. I can't decide, Rosy Boas, or Kenyans. If, at the end of November, at the White Plains, NY show I can't find the Red Stripe lep geck I've been hunting for, then Im bringing home a new snake.
My list is...
Female Ball Python
Female Corn Snake
M or F Rosy Boa
M or F Kenyan Sand Boa

Old 11-08-2005, 10:50 PM   #9
StinaUIUC
I love my little kenyan! He's such a little sweety and SO cute! Incedentally...I would LOVE to have a red stripe male leo.....haha

Old 11-09-2005, 01:40 PM   #10
Southwick Herps
Im hopefully going to be getting myself one... Im hoping I can pick up a female red stripe het for tremper albino... Thatd be the perfect scenario. Breed her to my hybino, and get lucky with the genetics, have a hybino het red stripe hatch out. Breed back to mom, and get atleast albino red stripes, and if Im super lucky, a red stripe hybino!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!