How do you keep track of your PayPal account? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

View Poll Results: Do you know where your money is?
I do not use PayPal 1 3.70%
I sometimes know what is coming and going. 0 0%
I never bother to look and just get suprised to see money in it. 0 0%
I have one but never use. 2 7.41%
I prefer PayPal and tightly monitor all activity. 24 88.89%
If money is in the account thats not mine I send it back immediately. 0 0%
If money is in the account thats not mine I keep my mouth shut and hope no one notices the mistake. 0 0%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-28-2005, 03:27 PM   #1
Rebel Dragons
How do you keep track of your PayPal account?

I thought I would ask this due to recent events on the BOI.

Old 05-28-2005, 03:45 PM   #2
PaulSage
I keep VERY close track of my paypal account. I have a notebook that I use to write down everything that SHOULD be happening with the account, and check it against what shows up. When I first started using paypal I was pretty apprehensive, and still sending out MO's instead, but I haven't had any problems yet (knock on wood) and have become more comfortable with it.

Old 05-28-2005, 03:51 PM   #3
Rebel Dragons
I know I ALWAYS know what is going on with my account. I know when I am expecting money and I know when I am sending money out.

I could not imagine anyone using the excuse of "we never check it and just assumed it was our money" And then to top it all off, spend the money with the excuse they had no idea where it came from?

C'mon............................

Old 05-28-2005, 04:14 PM   #4
Lucille
I keep track closely as well; if there is ever a question, there is a 'history' function that allows one to see all past transactions to the account.

In addition, Paypal notifies you by email if someone sends you a payment, so even if you are not using it frequently, you know when funds arrive into the account.

Old 05-29-2005, 10:47 AM   #5
The BoidSmith
Mike,

There’s one option missing: “my wife checks the account closely” (she handles the finances at home). She is the one to bring to my attention “what’s this payment that was sent in such and such a date”? Oddly enough, very seldom do I get asked “what’s this incoming money”?

Regards.

Old 05-29-2005, 04:34 PM   #6
gmherps
I keep tight tabs on my account. Whenever I get $$ sent to it, I instantly withdrawl it to my checking account.

Old 06-01-2005, 06:51 PM   #7
shrap
I keep very close tabs on ALL of my accounts. PayPal, personal checking and savings, business checking, Money Market, IRA, Mutual fund accounts, stock portfolio, my wallet, the safe....ALL OF THEM. I know to the penny what should be in each and every one on a daily basis. If there is any kind of discrepancy I find out why asap.

Old 06-01-2005, 08:39 PM   #8
Jim O
Sammy,

There's a name for people like you...LOL J/K

Old 06-02-2005, 09:50 AM   #9
Rebel Dragons
Well I fit that word too, I guess. I know where every cent I have is at all times. And I am real quick to freak when something is out fo wack with my money...........

Old 06-13-2005, 10:00 AM   #10
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Dragons
Well I fit that word too, I guess.
It's not necessarily a bad thing.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!