Chat down again - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 02-24-2004, 11:07 PM   #21
WebSlave
Well, let me ask you all. Is the chat board being used enough for me to pursue trying to get it fixed? It may require that I move EVERYTHING over to a new server just to see if that would fix the problem. The problems showed up when I moved to the current server, so that is the most likely culprit.

Moving to a new server will probably mean EVERYTHING being shut down for a day or two.

However, if the chat board isn't being used all that much, then I may just go ahead and deep six it and to hell with it. I spent a lot of money for that software, but this is getting to be a real headache for me.

Opinions?

Old 02-24-2004, 11:11 PM   #22
JungleHabitats
Webslave

traffic has picked up in the last weeks sometimes there are 7-8 ppl in the chat for a while but if you think it doesnt warrant keeping it we would understand its your boat lol

Old 02-24-2004, 11:32 PM   #23
NEWReptiles
No way, chat has to stay

It seems that chat has picked up a great deal, at times there are 8-12 people in there later in the evening.

I would love to see it stay, and I think it will only get better.

Old 02-24-2004, 11:38 PM   #24
JungleHabitats
Webslave

Just a thought here and not sire if it can be done or not ..

Is there a Mod that you can add on this forums that would show active users in the chat? like maybe have it on the main page somewhere at the top? i know on my setup it will show you how if there are any active members or guest in the chat room. just a thought hat poppedin my mind ... anyway i would still have to say keep feet under the chat wheel for now as Al stated there are some new faces that have dropped in chat lately although it is usally late night chatters for eastcoast people they do show up .

Old 02-25-2004, 12:56 AM   #25
kenster
I agree chat has to stay...I enjoy hanging out in there and "bonding" with everyone. I seem to spend quality time in there during the night hours. Al and Alan are always around to chat about anything. Heck last night the topic mostly guns/hunting. Hard to believe that I can talk about that stuff for hours on end Although we always seem to end up back on herps though.

Because of chat Al and I are planning a weekend that he and the wife makes the 7 hour drive to come visit me. Which should turn into a very good weekend! Just a helpful idea...when he comes to MI buy stock in Jim Beam and Coke...you'll make millions!

Old 02-25-2004, 01:10 AM   #26
NEWReptiles
I read this thread and can't help but laugh when I see us 3 whining about chat being down.

What makes it better is that all 3 of us clowns are online as I speak.

Old 02-25-2004, 01:12 AM   #27
WebSlave
Quote:
Is there a Mod that you can add on this forums that would show active users in the chat? like maybe have it on the main page somewhere at the top?
Yes, I actually had something like that implemented not that long ago. HOWEVER, whenever the chat system crashed, it locked up this entire site trying to query the status of the chat rooms. So obviously I had to disable it until the chat problems get straightened away.

I assume that that chat room is back up now?

Old 02-25-2004, 01:14 AM   #28
NEWReptiles
mmmmmmmmmmmmm, Beam

Old 02-25-2004, 01:18 AM   #29
kenster
Quote:
Originally posted by realvenum
What makes it better is that all 3 of us clowns are online as I speak.
Clowns? I don't wear the big red shoes nor do I know how to tie ballon animals

Although being able to tie ballon animals does sound like fun...

Old 02-25-2004, 01:18 AM   #30
NEWReptiles
Get in there you dorks, its back up

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!