Leopard Gecko Morph Descriptions Please. - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-17-2008, 03:53 PM   #11
Double LY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark View Post
This is how Garrick Demeyer of crestedgecko.com describes them.

The A.P.T.O.R is a new Leopard Gecko morph, or rather, a combination of several morphs, originally developed by Ron Tremper. It debuted in Fall, '04. These geckos have the following traits: Tangerine, Carrot Head, Carrot Tail, Patternless (a new patternless gene- not the common "leucistic" or Murphy Patternless), Jungle, Stripe, and Reverse Stripe, and Giant Albino.

R.A.P.T.O.R Leopard Geckos are basically the same as Aptors, except they have bright red eyes. Ideally, the eyes are solid red, but some partial red eye and partial normal eye patterns are also seen.
Right, that info is basically a cut and paste of Ron Tremper's (the person who actually originated the morph) description of these morphs when they were introduced. I was just pointing out that your original description of "8 morphs" being used to create APTOR's and RAPTOR's is actually not correct. The true "patternless" morph has absolutely nothing to do with either the APTOR or RAPTOR, the giant gene is not necessarily included either and again, stripes, jungles, aberrants, etc. all seem to stem from the same gene.

Old 10-17-2008, 06:11 PM   #12
LadyGecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double LY View Post
Right, that info is basically a cut and paste of Ron Tremper's (the person who actually originated the morph) description of these morphs when they were introduced. I was just pointing out that your original description of "8 morphs" being used to create APTOR's and RAPTOR's is actually not correct. The true "patternless" morph has absolutely nothing to do with either the APTOR or RAPTOR, the giant gene is not necessarily included either and again, stripes, jungles, aberrants, etc. all seem to stem from the same gene.
Yes-I'm sorry-I forgot to name the source when I mentioned that I had looked up the info
me bad

It is a c/p directly from Mr. Tremper's description of the 2 morphs that he developed

Sandy

Old 10-17-2008, 06:59 PM   #13
Ed Clark
I have a couple young female APTORS that are currently over 70 grams now.
so I'm thinking that the giant gene is alive and well in them.

This girl is around 7-8 months old and 55 grams.
Attached Images

Old 10-17-2008, 07:29 PM   #14
Ed Clark
Heres a pic of the same girl a couple months later, now 74 grams and under a year of age.

I have no experience with Raptors, but from what I have seen with the rapid growth and big size of APTORS it looks like there is giant in them.
Attached Images

Old 10-20-2008, 12:21 PM   #15
Double LY
Pretty ladies, Ed. Did you raise them from babies? If so, it is generally easier to tell if the giant gene is present when they are in the "awkward juvie" stage rather than by going on how fast they put on weight if you aren't 100% sure of the genetics. The giants tend to have tails that are longer in proportion to their bodies and go through a "lanky" phase before fattening up. (I myself have a handful of porky pigs who grew to size quickly, but have no giant gene present and one known giant who is petite in build but with a VERY long body and tail.)

Old 10-20-2008, 03:47 PM   #16
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double LY View Post
Pretty ladies, Ed. Did you raise them from babies?
Yes, parents came directly from Ron T.

Old 10-28-2008, 08:53 AM   #17
LadyGecko
Nice Ladies Ed

Both my raptor and aptor have no evidence of Giant in them at all
If anything they are growing at a somewhat slower rate than my other Leos

If I may add a few pics to this thread
This are a bit old-I need to take new ones soon

My female Hybino RAPTOR
Rapture

and my male APTOR

Flash

Old 10-28-2008, 08:13 PM   #18
Ed Clark
Thats very confusing then.

I based my comment about them haveing giant in them by what the originator clamed was 1 of the morphs actually in them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGecko View Post
Nice Ladies Ed

Both my raptor and aptor have no evidence of Giant in them at all
If anything they are growing at a somewhat slower rate than my other Leos

Old 10-29-2008, 06:02 PM   #19
Sena Dragontooth
Yeah, I do. They are on my profile. She's in her own album.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
leopard gecko, morph