Please Help Save the Angora Ferrets! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Mammals > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Mammals.

Old 01-17-2005, 12:14 PM   #1
Nirvana
Please Help Save the Angora Ferrets!

It is unclear as to exactly why Danish Angora ferret breeder Soren is choosing to put to death 800 of his breeding stock of ferrets, but this is what he has stated he will do if he cannot sell the lot of them (reportedly a $200,000 investment). A group of Angora ferret enthusiasts has been attempting to save the ferrets, offering to buy them individually from Soren (an offer he refused) and appealing to the aid of local "animal rights" groups (they would rather see the animals gassed than help pet enthusiasts). As a last effort, this groups has drafted a petition to be sent to the Danish Ministry of Justice, The Government of Denmark, The Roskilde Police Department, The World Society for the Protection of Animals and Foreningen til Vaern for Vaergelose Dyr (an animal welfare agency). Please, if you value animal life, take a moment to sign this petition in an effort to stop Soren from killing his animals. It is the last hope these creatures have.

Please click this link to sign:

http://www.petitiononline.com/nogas/petition.html

Thank you for your time,

Kitt Hollister

Old 01-26-2005, 04:02 PM   #2
Bringerofdoom
Dangit! i always liked the angora ferrets too.

Old 01-27-2005, 12:18 PM   #3
Nirvana
If that's sarcasm, it's very cold and unappreciated.

Old 01-27-2005, 09:50 PM   #4
Bringerofdoom
Umm..... ok. i Honestly dont know how you seen that as sarcasm.. I own a regular ferret and i love how the angora ferrets look. From the looks of it, there is about to be alot fewer angora's left too...

If he cant sell them all at once, then he will kill them... But will not sell them individually, nor just give them away.......Thats just not right to those poor animals. Someone who can throw away live animals like that needs the same done to him, if you ask me.

Old 01-28-2005, 12:30 PM   #5
Nirvana
Oh!

I sincerely apologise. I guess I'm always a little nervous online as it seems like there is a lot of negativity out there.

Again, I'm really sorry to have misjudged your reply.

I think the reason I assumed it was sarcasm is that most people HAVEN'T heard of the Angora ferrets... I dunno.

As for Soren, you're absolutely right that his way of treating life as a commodity is appaling. That's why we've got this petition... Though I'm sad to say that, due to the law (which I don't think he's technically breaking) it may not be successful. As long as he gasses them humanely.

There are a (very) few American Angora owners planning to breed their animals, so the breed will not entirely die out. Unforunately, I don't know that the outlook for Soren's 800 will be so positive.

So let me close by apologising a third time for misjudging your reply... I guess that's what we get with the internet, and its inability to communicate tone of voice.

Sorry again,

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!