Zimmerman trial - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum

Notices

Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum Survivalism, Livestock, Preparedness, Self Reliant Homesteading, Individual Liberty

Old 07-01-2013, 12:09 PM   #1
WebSlave
Zimmerman trial

Apparently this guy is making a lot of effort documenting this court case -> http://lawofselfdefense.com/blog/. So far I haven't seen hardly ANY of the information there presented in the local media.

Old 07-01-2013, 12:45 PM   #2
JColt
You can watch the trial live so I dont know why Rich. I'm not watching so I dont know. Win or lose though I bet Zimmerman wishes he would have listened to that dispatcher. This guy put himself into a world of hurt.

My wife works retail. She told me once she help confine a shop lifter with other employees. I told her to never do that again. She could get hurt and work could say she's not paid to do that and get shafted or the shop lifter could get hurt and sue. Only get physically involved to protect yourself or another innocent person.

Old 07-01-2013, 02:20 PM   #3
WebSlave
I guess this will become known as the "9-1-1 generation".

Old 07-01-2013, 05:00 PM   #4
JColt
I see a guy casing a house I would call 911. If I see him harming a person I would yell out, call 911 as I run over to help.

Old 07-01-2013, 05:33 PM   #5
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by JColt View Post
I see a guy casing a house I would call 911. If I see him harming a person I would yell out, call 911 as I run over to help.
And if that guy broke in and harmed someone while you were waiting at a distance for 911 to produce a response, how would you feel afterwards?

This doesn't appear to be the same situation as your first response here in relation to what you suggested for your wife.

When Connie and I were at a show in Virginia a while back, she was watching a guy at our table acting suspicious. Suddenly she yelled and then took off like a shot after the guy. Grabbed him, spun him around and snatched one of our leopard geckos out of his bag he had stolen from us. If that had been someone else's merchandise, she would have done the same thing. Personally I felt proud of her.

Could she have gotten hurt? Sure. But society isn't going to be protected from predators by the meek and those fearful about their own safety who want to wait for someone else to do the necessary dirty work.

The attitude of "let the cops handle it" is railroading us right into a police state where we will soon no longer have the legal authority to do anything for our own defense and self protection.

Old 07-01-2013, 05:34 PM   #6
Metachrosis
The victim period
A period in history when women had fortitude
and men clung to pathetic
(political correctness ) to support their coward mess.

Set thru a Concel Carry class sometime, women freely speak
of today's male, they leave prepared to handle issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
I guess this will become known as the "9-1-1 generation".

Old 07-01-2013, 06:08 PM   #7
JColt
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
The attitude of "let the cops handle it" is railroading us right into a police state where we will soon no longer have the legal authority to do anything for our own defense and self protection.
Well, To each his own. People end up hurt, dead and in jail for minor things all the time. I dont think it's smart legally or physically to put yourself at risk for something trivial. Especially if you see someone stealing underwear in a store. As far as your wife and the gecko, I see no problem protecting something you own. I cannot tell you how many times I've read where someone got fired because they intervened in a shoplifting at work. I know one guy personally that lost his Police job when he injured a shoplifter at his part time job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metachrosis View Post
The victim period
A period in history when women had fortitude
and men clung to pathetic
(political correctness ) to support their coward mess.

Set thru a Concel Carry class sometime, women freely speak
of today's male, they leave prepared to handle issues.
Holy

Old 07-01-2013, 06:30 PM   #8
Focal
Funny story, I knew a guy that kicked in a door after watching someone break into a house. He held the guy at gun point until the police showed and everyone was marveling over him as a hero until they realized it was a special education child that had left his keys at school. He was lucky the parents only made him pay for the door.

The human instinct isn't always correct. I wouldn't consider this the 911 generation, I would consider it "common sense dictates taking matters into your own hands can have the law pull a reversal on you generation."

Old 07-01-2013, 06:56 PM   #9
JColt
We have a guy down the street from me who's hilarious. He has multiple rings in his face and ears, full sleeves, funky hair and funky beard. His next door neighbor was (was) a councilman for the city. He has this tiny Pomeranian that pooped in councilman's yard because he misjudged the leash length. So he goes to pick it up and councilman comes out with a gun and accuses him of trying to break in. Excouncilman now of course and caused himself a huge legal bill. Anyway my punk looking neighbor has the most manicured lot on the street with windmills and tiny knomes in garden. Always walking around with tiny dog and you see him chatting up all the old ladies and gossips with them, lol.

Old 07-01-2013, 07:24 PM   #10
WebSlave
The world is full of stupid people. Just as it is filled with evil and hurtful people. You can no more rubber baby buggy bumper the world against stupid people as you could rubber baby buggy bumper the world against people who might intentionally do you harm.

Being responsible for your actions can and should cover both good and bad decisions.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!