NEWLY IMPLEMENTED picture quota?!? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 03-14-2006, 12:34 AM   #21
diablohogs
so for me to upload just one more picture it would cost me $250 dollars.

Rich, it would be cheaper for me to just buy you a new harddrive.

but don't take my word for it. check it out!

Old 03-14-2006, 12:36 AM   #22
raiquee
Talk about being rude and inconsiderate. I have no problem giving Rich support for this site, It's been a godsend!

Suck it up and pay it, for christ sakes. Stop being cheap. It's going to Rich for all this blood, sweat, and tears into this site. Not to mention the countless hours he spends monitoring this site, keeping it up and running. Heaven forbid he's able to put a bit of food on his table.

I may not have the money now, but instead of pissing and moaning I'm going to upgrade my membership LATER (yes omg you can do that!) and also advertise to help myself and business out not to mention to help Rich out.

Old 03-14-2006, 12:41 AM   #23
WebSlave
It has been listed all along at http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=64541

Matter of fact, the numbers reflected in the chart aren't accurate. I boosted the limits by a factor of 10 (I believe this is true for all of the levels) not that long ago.

Like everything else there are always compromises that need to be made. Yes, it would be in my best interests to have everyone able to post unlimited photographs at will, but is this really feasible? Heck, I have been to other sites in other lines of interest where NO ONE can post attachments at all. Others don't allow nonpaying members to post ANY attachments. Generally the larger the site, the more restrictive they are about protecting their resources and charging accordingly. Sorry, but it is just a fact of life.

Old 03-14-2006, 12:48 AM   #24
diablohogs
p.s. nice 'Vette Rich!

Old 03-14-2006, 12:50 AM   #25
Dennis Hultman
Rich do paid and unpaid have the same tab in their user C.P.?

Go to your User Control Panel. Last button on the bottom says “attachments”, open and delete.

Quote:
yeah but now, I've even exceded my limit and there's no way for me to delete old pics, which I would gladly do to continue to post new pics of my beautiful babies,

Old 03-14-2006, 01:05 AM   #26
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by diablohogs
no. i already have 30+ megabytes. it wouldnt make a difference.
Oh well........... 30 megabytes of free photographs stored here for free and you are complaining because you can't get even more? Heck I don't know, but how many other places would give you 30 megabytes for free storage?

But bear this in mind as well, that when you pay for a Contributor level membership, you can also edit and delete old messages within the discussion forums. I haven't tried it, but I assume that means cleaning up those old attachment photos as well. So not only does it give you more headroom for posting photos, but you can create even more headroom by removing those older photos, giving you virtually unlimited attachment space if you manage it properly.

So no, a $25 per year paid membership WOULD make a difference to you.

BTW, if this thread vanishes sometime in the future, it is because I have moved it to the Feedback forum in the Admin section. That is where this thread really belongs anyway.

Old 03-14-2006, 01:06 AM   #27
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman
Rich do paid and unpaid have the same tab in their user C.P.?

Go to your User Control Panel. Last button on the bottom says “attachments”, open and delete.
I'm not really sure. I would guess it is tied to the permission to edit or delete a post, but never having tried it, I really don't know. Perhaps someone who is a registered unpaid member could check it out for us.

Old 03-14-2006, 01:07 AM   #28
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by diablohogs
p.s. nice 'Vette Rich!
Yes it is. Thanks!

Old 03-14-2006, 01:25 AM   #29
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
I'm not really sure. I would guess it is tied to the permission to edit or delete a post, but never having tried it, I really don't know. Perhaps someone who is a registered unpaid member could check it out for us.
Yes they can. I just checked.

Tonya, you have the ability to delete attachments in your user control panel.

Old 03-14-2006, 02:14 AM   #30
BalloonzForU
I paid for my membership, and a lot I might ad. But I believe in this site and I want to see it around for a very long time. (Sorry Rich I know you want to retire...LOL) But I don't use the storage for my pictures, I use my own website to do that. That's just my personal preference. My images are usually large files anyways, so it's just easier for me to host them on my site and just link them.

Rich, I have to agree about that VETT! Love it, but if you ever decided to trade it in for a 63' with a split window, let me know I'll be single in a heartbeat...LOL JK

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!