Reputation/Karma Question - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 04-13-2006, 12:16 PM   #1
rabernet
Reputation/Karma Question

I hope I'm posting this in the right area. But - I see how you can add to someone's karma - but what drives reputation? I'm not sure if they are one and the same, but I've noticed that some people with higher karma than myself have a lower reputation level.

I did a quick search on the forum, but didn't really find anything, which is why I'm asking here.

Thanks!

Old 04-13-2006, 12:41 PM   #2
DAND
Talking Hope this helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabernet
I hope I'm posting this in the right area. But - I see how you can add to someone's karma - but what drives reputation? I'm not sure if they are one and the same, but I've noticed that some people with higher karma than myself have a lower reputation level.

I did a quick search on the forum, but didn't really find anything, which is why I'm asking here.

Thanks!
Karma power used to be called Rep (reputation) power. That number is the number gradient you see when you put your cursor over someone else's Karma circle(s). Yours is 50-149. If you were not aware, you can view your Karma number by clicking on the User CP button.

Does that answer your question?

Old 04-13-2006, 02:53 PM   #3
rabernet
So, what does the 10 mean beside the green box (on mine)? I saw what my reputation level was, but I also saw someone else had 50 some in the number next to the green box, but their reputation was lower than mine (from hovering).

That's where my confusion is. What does the number beside the karma power indicate? And why would someone else's be higher, but their reputation lower? Does that make sense?

Old 04-13-2006, 02:57 PM   #4
Scott Ashton
That's actually a good question.

I have the number 8 next to my green boxes (or circles or whatever) and my reputation level is at 550-649. I've looked at my Karma under the User CP but the number 8 doesn't match anything - not the number of different people that left the Karma nor the subjects of the posts I received Karma for.

Old 04-13-2006, 03:02 PM   #5
DAND
You receive one Karma "point" for every 1000 reputation points you receive and one "point" for every 100 posts you make. You also get one Karma point for every month you are a member here.

Old 04-13-2006, 03:21 PM   #6
reptilebreeder
It's also the number that you give to someone else, when you give them a "good Karma" vote. If you have 8 points then when you click on someone's post to give them Karma they get 8 points added. If you give a "bad Karma" vote (you have to be a paid member) I believe it is half the points. IE. you would deduct 4 points from someones total.

Old 04-14-2006, 03:26 AM   #7
varnyard
OK, but what do the green boxes represent? Why do some people have a bunch, but thier karma is not as high as someone else. But they may have more green boxes?

Old 04-14-2006, 04:30 AM   #8
DAND
The green boxes represent every 100 reputation points the person has. I have 500 + and have 6 boxes. 5 are darker and the last is lighter.

Old 04-14-2006, 04:44 AM   #9
varnyard
Thanks David. That makes sence!! LoL.

Old 04-15-2006, 02:08 AM   #10
varnyard
Ok, I have one more question. What do the purpel squares mean in the karma? I have two of those in my user CP.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!