Clouds in the mountains of North Carolina - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 07-04-2012, 04:22 PM   #1
WebSlave
Clouds in the mountains of North Carolina

Over a month ago Connie and I took a trip up to Asheville, North Carolina and stayed in a cabin in the mountains. I set up the camcorder on the porch a few times and did some time lapse of cloud movements and some sun sets behind a mountain. Kind of interesting seeing clouds moving in two directions at the same time...

Old 07-04-2012, 05:48 PM   #2
rosebud945
Really cool vid! I have always been interested in clouds and weather in general, but the sunset images are stunning!

Old 07-05-2012, 10:49 PM   #3
JCCS
I live right around Asheville and I can't say that I have seen that before. How did you like your visit, Rich?

Chris

Old 07-06-2012, 10:23 AM   #4
Plethora Of Pythons LLC
Beautiful area. Hope you went and did a tour of the Biltmore Estate. That place is incredible. It is hard to believe that one family had enough money to build that thing and own everything you could see from it.

Loved the time lapsed video. Interesting how the clouds go different directions.

Old 07-06-2012, 03:11 PM   #5
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plethora Of Pythons LLC View Post
Beautiful area. Hope you went and did a tour of the Biltmore Estate. That place is incredible. It is hard to believe that one family had enough money to build that thing and own everything you could see from it.

Loved the time lapsed video. Interesting how the clouds go different directions.
Yes, we did tour the Biltmore Estate. Quite impressive, We also went on a hot air balloon ride. One of these days I'll massage the videos I took into something presentable...

Old 07-06-2012, 05:28 PM   #6
JCCS
Was the balloon ride out in Candler, Rich?

Chris

Old 07-06-2012, 07:15 PM   #7
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCCS View Post
Was the balloon ride out in Candler, Rich?

Chris
Yes, it was. Turned out to be a perfect day for a ride, too.

Old 07-06-2012, 07:22 PM   #8
JCCS
I live in the valley that they do those balloon rides in, Rich. I love seeing them in the morning. Actually had one land in the field next to my house once, lol.

Chris

Old 07-06-2012, 09:30 PM   #9
Plethora Of Pythons LLC
That is one beautiful place. My wife and I rode eight hours on a motorcycle to get there and stayed in a great B&B. One of my fondest memories. Thanks for sharing. Brought back some good memories

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!