Misrepresentation? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 08-01-2010, 08:41 PM   #1
deborahbroadus
Misrepresentation?

I have never heard of a wobble in the Woma gene. Therefore, I would not think to ask if an animal that was NOT a Spider BP had a wobble.

If someone sells a Woma with a Wobble and does not reveal this fact before hand, is this misrepresentation? Or should I just suck it up and chalk it up to experience?

Old 08-01-2010, 08:46 PM   #2
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
I have never heard of a wobble in the Woma gene. Therefore, I would not think to ask if an animal that was NOT a Spider BP had a wobble.

If someone sells a Woma with a Wobble and does not reveal this fact before hand, is this misrepresentation? Or should I just suck it up and chalk it up to experience?
If Womas do not ordinarily have wobbles (I don't know this)
AND
If seller in fact KNEW of the wobble prior to the sale
AND
If seller did not disclose said wobble

Then YES, it is misrepresentation.

He should refund, pay shipping back, and may be a little something for your aggravation.
And while everything is fresh in your mind, fill out one of these

http://www.oag.state.md.us/Consumer/complaint.htm

Old 08-01-2010, 08:52 PM   #3
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille View Post
If Womas do not ordinarily have wobbles (I don't know this)
AND
If seller in fact KNEW of the wobble prior to the sale
AND
If seller did not disclose said wobble

Then YES, it is misrepresentation.
Many breeders are getting out of Spiders and using the Womas BECAUSE of the "wobble" issue. The Womas are supposed to have the patterning of the Spider without the wobble. I am not aware of a wobble in Womas so am hoping someone knows more about it.

Old 08-01-2010, 09:06 PM   #4
deborahbroadus
The seller knew, and says I should have asked.

I just want to know if the wobble in Womas is so common that I should have researched first.

Old 08-01-2010, 09:26 PM   #5
Lucille
You could ask on the forums. Or maybe ask a breeder friend if he knows a bigshot Woma breeder, then go email the breeder.
A couple times I have just randomly emailed folks who I thought were experts on some question and they have always been nice and helpful.

Old 08-01-2010, 09:28 PM   #6
brd7666
I'm not an expert on Womas, but I don't recall them having the head wobble. I thought it was spiders, and spider morph combos that had the wobble.

Old 08-01-2010, 09:32 PM   #7
WingedWolf
Womas don't wobble. If one is wobbling, it has an inner ear or neurological problem, like any other BP.

Old 08-01-2010, 09:33 PM   #8
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
The seller knew, and says I should have asked.

I just want to know if the wobble in Womas is so common that I should have researched first.
Common or not the seller should have disclosed this. The seller lied by omitting the fact. What's next, are we expected to ask if it has mites, a URI, a kink, missing an eye or even blind? People are looking to purchase healthy animals, not defective animals and to state you should have asked is a load of crap.

Old 08-01-2010, 09:37 PM   #9
deborahbroadus
I don't know if this is a "wobble" or not. I do know that I do not have any snakes Spiders or no that exhibit the symptoms of this one. I am not predisposed to keeping it in my collection.

Forgive me, I do not look my best...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R95M6-h2vI4

Old 08-01-2010, 09:39 PM   #10
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by brd7666 View Post
I'm not an expert on Womas, but I don't recall them having the head wobble. I thought it was spiders, and spider morph combos that had the wobble.
So did I, which is why I did not ask.

I also believe that if this manifestation is because of some neuro issue, it should have been addressed before selling or culled.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!