Stolen Reptiles stolen in NYC...Fellow members please help - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Police Blotter

Notices

Police Blotter General notifications about thefts, breakins or and cases where animals or materials are stolen. Photos of the merchandise taken can be posted to help with recovery.

Old 06-26-2012, 04:35 PM   #11
allreptiles1966
I have been building mine for 3 1/2 years now and i hate leaving my house. I have an alarm,2 dogs and i still want the camera so if its on their i can confront them myself.Seems like to many of the sumbags are getting to little time for the amount of money and time we invest in them.
Jail= cable tv,3 meals a day,medical,education if wanted and even college,store on premise,gambling and dont forget,every prision has their drugs and, they get to hang out with friends they haven't seen since the last prision vacation.
ALL AT OUR EXPENSE. AGAIN.

Old 06-26-2012, 04:38 PM   #12
allreptiles1966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Stavros,

If you are talking to the guy, perhaps let him know that if he has pictures of his critters to get a file together and attach it here. If they are being sold a few at a time, it might be difficult for buyers to tell whether they are purchasing an animal from his collection, pictures will help identify animals for sale as his.
If he actually lives in NYC, I'm not sure he will be successful in persuading anyone to arrest these guys, as some of those critters, I believe, are not legal to possess in NYC.
Can you convince him to register and post here? The more info he provides, the better chance someone can help him find out what happened.
You are right Lucille about the legality of some. NYC is loaded with illegal animals and posted right in the open.

Old 06-27-2012, 02:09 PM   #13
Durante
I actually seen this on CL before it was posted here & wrote Kevin advising to post here as well. I wasn't sure if I should of posted for him but I told him I would keep my eyes & ears open at the Greater Philadelphia Reptile Expo (he said he was attending too) that past last weekend in Oaks. It's nice to hear he did get some of his collection back & at least one person was caught but it's a shame this ever happened period. I'm curious to know if it was someone he knew that actually was aware of his collection or just another loser with no morals. If anyone talks to him on the regular tell him the PA guy who emailed him on the 18th wish's him the best.

Old 03-16-2013, 08:01 PM   #14
RoyalPythonPros
I know this is an old thread, but I'm actually surprsied the cops made an arrest and recovered some of the missing reptiles. Only reason I say that is because Ball pythons and Boas are illegal to keep in NYC.

Old 03-17-2013, 08:12 AM   #15
BillZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalPythonPros View Post
I know this is an old thread, but I'm actually surprsied the cops made an arrest and recovered some of the missing reptiles. Only reason I say that is because Ball pythons and Boas are illegal to keep in NYC.
I will admit to not reading the whole thread but the OP states his location as " his hometown of NY"

Unless he gave a more exact location later and based on that statement then no, they are not illegal. They are , I believe, illegal in NYC as you state but that is for the 5 boroughs. And even there I am not sure that permits may be available or maybe grandfathered in. NY is a very large state.

Old 03-17-2013, 08:16 AM   #16
BillZ
I see now where he mentions the Bronx. Sorry for being lazy. Running late and should have read the whole post. Maybe the other items I mentioned were in place if they exists.

Old 03-22-2013, 01:27 AM   #17
RoyalPythonPros
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillZ View Post
I see now where he mentions the Bronx. Sorry for being lazy. Running late and should have read the whole post. Maybe the other items I mentioned were in place if they exists.

I was just looking at the title of the thread, Stolen Reptiles stolen in NYC

Old 03-22-2013, 01:59 AM   #18
Wilomn
If he got them before the law was passed, then they're not illegal. Perhaps a former law student should stop giving legal advise.

Old 04-09-2013, 03:58 PM   #19
porscharaiola
This is so heart breaking - I would go clinically insane with worry just imagining what was going on with my pets if there were stolen. Especially my cockatoo - birds get especially attached to their owners.

I'm glad he at least got some of his pets back.

Old 05-01-2013, 07:04 AM   #20
Skanakis
You know you guys will most likely snap and flip on me. But i dont care. If i moved back up to NYC. I am not giving up my rtb's. I aint giving up my Jungles. I just wont give up my animals. No way. Im not a self proclaimed breeder. Im a hobbyist and im attached to all my animals. All 20 pythons and Boas. I left NYC with them and moved to florida. I would go back with them.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!