Original albino boa constrictor. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-16-2023, 02:05 AM   #1
WebSlave
Original albino boa constrictor.

As far as I know, anyway.

I have been going through my old 35mm slide collection, digitizing the images and stumbled upon a bunch of photos I took while I was out in California Spring of 1989. At least that is when I think it was, as the date is rather difficult to see on those old slides. Anyway, I stopped in and visited with a few of the bigger name reptile breeders out there and one of them was Steve Osborne. He showed me around the place, and pulled out a bunch of animals for me to take photos of. One of them was in a rather large drawer type cage, and he showed me this big white slug of a thing, telling me that this was his albino boa constrictor. Female, if I remember correctly. He was lamenting the fact that he had been completely unsuccessful trying to get offspring from it.

It was later on that I heard that Pete Kahl had bought this animal, and to be honest, I thought that Pete was in for a lot of heart ache with that purchase. Just goes to show you how wrong I can be about things sometimes.

But anyway, thought it interesting for historical sake to show those pics here with that above little story.
Attached Images

Old 01-20-2023, 12:56 PM   #2
JCCS
I remember these pics. I think you're right and this is the one that went to Kahl.

Old 01-20-2023, 12:58 PM   #3
JCCS
And yeah, we're lucky it ever bred. Obese boas, like other animals, have horrible fertility issues and tend to die young from fatty liver disease.

Old 04-02-2023, 10:21 PM   #4
Randall Turner
Man, been slacking on the forum lately. That is really great you found the slides and shared them with us.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!