SEEKING Interviewees for PAID Amphibian Disease and Pet Trade Research - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues

Notices

Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues Anything to do with veterinarians, health issues, pathogens, hygiene, or sanitation.

Old 12-30-2020, 01:33 PM   #1
bsalresearcher
SEEKING Interviewees for PAID Amphibian Disease and Pet Trade Research

Hi everyone! Please delete and message me if not allowed! (Cross-posting this)

I'm seeking participants for a research study on the current practices and knowledge of amphibian pet owners, amphibian pet store owners, amphibian breeders or suppliers, amphibian hobbyists, and veterinarians (a focus on those working with salamanders, but frogs welcome as well!). The goal is to gather information for decision-makers from important stakeholder groups regarding the deadly salamander fungus, Bsal. We hope to use this information to create policies that reflect the wants and needs of stakeholders to help mitigate a Bsal introduction. This is an opportunity to voice your concerns, what you are in favor of, and what you are NOT in favor of as well.

I'm well aware that much of our current regulations and management of wildlife treats non-game species as not important, especially herps. I'm also well aware that many wildlife managers are keen to strictly listen to biological factors rather than understanding the people that their decisions will affect. I'm excited to say that this project is working on combating these two norms and working to build a two-way relationship.

If you and/or someone you know would be interested in taking part in a short interview(30min) OVER THE PHONE, fill out a brief survey at https://tinyurl.com/yx3jdpgh or contact me (haddock4@msu.edu) and Dr. Alexa Warwick(awarwick@msu.edu). A $15 gift card will be given to participants and anonymity is guaranteed. Feel free to ask me any questions over email!

This study is funding by the Michigan State University Department of Fisheries and Wildlife and the College of Agriculture and Natural Resource's Undergraduate Research Program

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!