Exploit Toolkit Website 33 Attack - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 10-04-2013, 02:46 AM   #71
WebSlave
Actually, I haven't gotten the adultfriendfinders thingie yet. All I've gotten is some sort of login prompt from malta.accountservergroup.com:2096. Not sure what the heck that is, but a quick Google search shows them as being legitimate at something.

Old 10-04-2013, 04:44 AM   #72
TheFragginDragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Then where exactly do you believe the "blame" lies then?

Didn't mean to imply I knew where paisan, only that I think it may be elsewhere . Of course I could be wrong, I'm no IT pro, just thought I'd throw that in just in case it's helpful to Logician.

Old 10-04-2013, 06:51 AM   #73
hhmoore
I got two redirects to adultfriendfinder on my phone... figured I must have caught the ad instead of the new posts button. Maybe not.

Old 10-04-2013, 09:53 AM   #74
LauraB
Got another two caught just a few minutes ago and a redirect to a page that appeared blank with a URL similar to to the one John Cordone posted.

This was the first place I visited on the web this morning and ironically, this is the first post I viewed when AVG caught it.
Attached Images

Old 10-04-2013, 10:35 AM   #75
Clay Davenport
I have a question for everyone experiencing this. Have you had this redirect happen on more than one occasion during a session on the site?
Everyone need not answer the question and clutter the thread, if one or two reply in the affirmative I have my answer.

I ask because for me so far it's only happened on the initial load of the site, and regardless of how long I am browsing, it hasn't done it a second time.

Also to save re-reading the entire thread, has anyone experienced this on browsers other than Firefox?
Again I don't need to know everyone's browser, just one or two people to confirm yes it's happened on Chrome or on IE.

Old 10-04-2013, 10:49 AM   #76
WingedSweetheart
Using Firefox on my laptop and have Avast antivirus (free version). I got it a few times until I disabled Java Toolkit. So, far no warnings since.

I don't use my desk top as much. I have Firefox on it with Norton antivirus. I hadn't used my desk top in a long while until yesterday when I got the "blackhole" warning. I have not disabled Java Toolkit on it. I forgot all about it and I don't remember if I even have that on my desktop but I will disable it if it is installed as it is known to have problems anyway.

I have no idea if that is the cause or if it's just a coincidence that I haven't had anymore "attacks" since I got rid of Java toolkit.

I also have not had any redirects. It may be because I use Adblock.

Old 10-04-2013, 10:51 AM   #77
WingedSweetheart
Forgot to add that when I got the warnings from my antivirus it was only when trying to load the page for the first time. On my laptop it wouldn't let me on for a while even after several refreshes. My Avast is pretty aggressive.

On my desktop I got the warning when trying to load the page for the first time. But it let me in after a refresh.

Old 10-04-2013, 11:40 AM   #78
LauraB
Quote:
Have you had this redirect happen on more than one occasion during a session on the site?
Yesterday, today (and back on 8/23) only once pretty much on initial load or the first linked post or thread off the front page.

Yes, on IE.

Old 10-04-2013, 02:25 PM   #79
Snakepliscan
Only happens on the first try for me with Firefox. Doesn't happen again during the browsing session unless the computer has been shut down and rebooted. Haven't tried IE yet to see if the attack happens there.

Old 10-04-2013, 03:54 PM   #80
hhmoore
Just got bounced to adultfriendfinder, then to what looked like a similar site, then back to adultfriendfinder two more times on my desktop. I have noticed that some other ad kept opening a popup (which I had allowed for fauna) if I got anywhere near it with the cursor. Don't remember what that one was, offhand, though.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
toolkit, website