Another Cameroon scam? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 10-28-2006, 08:51 AM   #1
jnjreptile
Another Cameroon scam?

Just got this email today, sounds like another scam to me. Some thing about rock pythons being $50 less than a albino ball doesn't sound right.

You be the judge.

J&J REPTILES

Subject: just to help

Date: Sat, Oct 28, 2006 7:55 am
To: sales@jnjreptiles.com

Subject: just to help
From: Guim Lazarus <lazarusguim@yahoo.com> To: sales@jnjreptiles.com

Good day sir
i am alocal breeder of snakes, chameleons and other minor reptiles in part of africa( CAMEROON).
Below is a list of various snakes i can get hold of;
piebald--------------------------------------------------$450
caramel ball-----------------------------------$250
python-------------------------------------------$500
black pastel ball python------------------$250
pastel jungle ball python-----------------$250
orange ghost ball python-----------------$200
albino ball python------------------------$150
normal ball python-----------------------$70
Axanthics---------------------------------$360

angolan python---------------------------------------$300
rock python------------------------------$100
carpet python----------------------------$100
tame:
albino boa--------------------------------$400
tree boa----------------------------------$300
madagascar ground boa------------------$250
and now other snakes follow:
common garters--------------------------$40
puff adders-------------------------------$50
candoia aspera---------------------------$50
I do sell geckos, lizards and tortoises.
Waiting to hear from you.
Thanks

Old 10-28-2006, 09:54 AM   #2
joepythons
scam

Wow at these prices i want to buy everything he has .Just to add a little more here.These people are also becoming members on various sites and asking to be educated as they need to be able to care for there pthons(this is how they spelled pythons) correctly.Problem is once they start asking questions they ask how to describe the snakes NOT how to care for them .It seems everyone knows about there old scams so they are trying to get us to educate them so they can sound legit.

Old 10-28-2006, 10:11 AM   #3
wcreptiles
Yes, those are some good prices. Reply back and tell him you'll buy all his piebald BP's at double his asking price of $450 if he ships first! Offer to buy his entire stock at asking if he ships first.

Better not tip him off that his prices are so low no one should take him seriously. This has to be a scam.

Do they even have garter snakes in Cameroon?

Old 10-28-2006, 10:23 AM   #4
joepythons
funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcreptiles
Yes, those are some good prices. Reply back and tell him you'll buy all his piebald BP's at double his asking price of $450 if he ships first! Offer to buy his entire stock at asking if he ships first.

Better not tip him off that his prices are so low no one should take him seriously. This has to be a scam.

I can not remember whom the person was from here that played email tag with one of these scammers a short time back.He told them that the animal just grew in there wings and were ready to come home to live with them.So i bet thats how the garter snakes are in Cameroon now they FLEW .I agree play it out with him and have some fun at there expense lol.

Old 10-28-2006, 04:05 PM   #5
John E Dove
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcreptiles
The have snakes they call Garter Snakes but they are genus Elapsoidea and venomous.
John E Dove

Old 10-28-2006, 06:43 PM   #6
wcreptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by John E Dove
The have snakes they call Garter Snakes but they are genus Elapsoidea and venomous.
John E Dove
After a little search, I see you would be in for a real surprise if you received a Black Garter Snake from Africa thinking it was a harmless species. Common names combined with a little stupidity can get you in trouble. Thanks for the info.

But this guys still a scammer.

Old 10-29-2006, 10:50 AM   #7
The BoidSmith
Not to mention the fact that they have albino boas, tree boas, and candoia aspera for sale in Cameroon.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!