Daytona Show - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 10-14-2006, 02:09 PM   #11
reptiler ron
It's more than injustice their are people that can only get around in a wheel chair and they are going to tell them that they can't go in because of this.I don't think so.Look at the laws.WE have rights. Ron

Old 10-14-2006, 02:17 PM   #12
Mike Greathouse
I really think this was nothing more then a misunderstanding.
I was a vendor at the Daytona Expo and I personally saw at least one individual in a wheelchair. There were also people there with strollers.

I can't imagine that this person would have been refused had the situation been made clear.

Old 10-14-2006, 03:36 PM   #13
reptiler ron
Mike,there has problems with Waynes shows for awhile now and he will not come on fauna to give his side of the story whats up with that.This show is about him making a dollar bill.He can round around on something,but other people can,t come on thats alot of B.S. know what I mean.This is why I will not go to his shows.You also have venders that have wild caught animals to sell and get away with that.Like said it' a lot of BS.I'm still waiting for Wayne to respond to this.Ron

Old 10-14-2006, 04:01 PM   #14
Mike Greathouse
Don't hold your breath.
I don't recall ever seeing Wayne on any reptile forum.
I don't believe that he spends much of his time on the computer.

Ron, I think you're looking for a conspiracy where one does not exist.
Avoiding the largest reptile expo in the world is simply your loss.

Yes, I'm sure that Wayne makes a nice profit by promoting this expo, but he also provides the single greatest opportunity for reptile and amphibian enthusiasts to meet in one place and share their experiences and promote the industry.

I think you need to look at the bigger picture.

Old 10-14-2006, 09:35 PM   #15
Suncoast Herpetological
I would have to point out that, since this is Wayne's business, if he wasn't in it to turn a nice profit, the show would probably not be in existance.

Since there were weelchairs and scooters all over the show, my guess is that your wife talked to someone who did not have the correct info. My suggestion would be to shoot Wayne an Email and ask him if there is any such policy. I think the answer will be an unequivocable no

Old 10-15-2006, 10:47 AM   #16
reptiler ron
Look I'm. just saying I would like to hear Wayne's anwser to this problem.I'm also disabled and wear a fake leg.For any person to be told that they can not bring a scooter to a show is a disgrace for that person for lack of knowalge for the disabled.As far as missing out on the largest expo in reptiles it is by my choice.You do not want me to step on your foot as it will hurt you more than me as I can't feel what I'm stepping on.I like going to smaller shows as I can visit longer with the people I know and not stop the flow of traffic.Reptiler Ron

Old 10-15-2006, 12:21 PM   #17
Laura Fopiano
Quote:
Don't hold your breath.
I don't recall ever seeing Wayne on any reptile forum.
I don't believe that he spends much of his time on the computer.

Ron, I think you're looking for a conspiracy where one does not exist.
Avoiding the largest reptile expo in the world is simply your loss.

Yes, I'm sure that Wayne makes a nice profit by promoting this expo, but he also provides the single greatest opportunity for reptile and amphibian enthusiasts to meet in one place and share their experiences and promote the industry.

I think you need to look at the bigger picture.
Damn I hate it when I run out of Karma!!!
Quote:
I would have to point out that, since this is Wayne's business, if he wasn't in it to turn a nice profit, the show would probably not be in existance.

Since there were weelchairs and scooters all over the show, my guess is that your wife talked to someone who did not have the correct info. My suggestion would be to shoot Wayne an Email and ask him if there is any such policy. I think the answer will be an unequivocable no
I was there and saw that myself....no more karma for you either!

Old 10-15-2006, 03:54 PM   #18
bcherps
I have two regular customers that are in wheelchairs that were both at daytona all weekend(during setup too), and no one said they couldn't have thier chairs.

I again second the idea that whoever you talked to was not informed. Some of the staff thier is under Wayne's control, others are under the OC's control.

You should have asked Wayne when you saw him at the show what was up. I am sure you would have seen Wayne take care of the situation then and there.

He has never dodged a phone call, email, or "Hey, Wayne" ever when I attempted communication.

thanks
ben cole

Old 10-15-2006, 05:25 PM   #19
jglass38
The Segway is ridicuous though and he looked silly riding it around. Now back on topic...I am sure it was a misunderstanding.

Old 10-28-2006, 09:01 PM   #20
Ginger Ambrose
I am sorry this happened. Daytona was my first "big" show. I would have enjoyed it more had strollers been allowed. I realize the space issue. But How many other attendees agree if the little ones had been in strollers instead of having to be led about,
space would have been saved.
The same would hold true for disabled with wheelchairs. Those walking with crutches and such utilize more space than a wheelchair. Not to mention the discomfort involved.
I for one might have made more purchases if not for a tired cranky 4 year old. I would have had more time with the great folks I have met here on Fauna.
I am sure this would also affect the disabled as their fatigue, and pain would cut the stay shorter.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!