APTOR X Red Stripe - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-19-2005, 11:52 AM   #1
groovygeckos
APTOR X Red Stripe

Very happy to announce the first babies from this pairing . Definately one of the more exciting crosses we`re working on

These are Het APTOR and Possible Het "Snake Eyed " RAPTOR ( Red Eyes) !

Enjoy !

Old 07-19-2005, 11:54 AM   #2
groovygeckos
Takes out magnifying glass

awwww not again (my pictures)

Old 07-19-2005, 12:22 PM   #3
Chris@TSE
sigh.......

We know they are heterozygous APTOR. What makes you say they are possible het snake eye and RAPTOR? A new public "press release" yesterday?

People claim possible het specimens when they know for certain there is a logical chance they could carry such traits, such as a het to normal pairing in the bp world. They just don't pull a chance idea out of the sky and state it is possibly heterozygous. Something has to be somewhat concrete to make such a claim, or so I've been brought to think..... Perhaps its just me. Or perhaps its just early to be making such a claim..... Sounds.... I don't know. Very odd.

It would be like saying... "look, I found this wild type albino in this forty square mile area along with this normal. They lived reasonably close so hey.... theres a good chance he can be heterozygous albino right?!" lol

Our APTOR is possibly heterozygous RAPTOR, should we be advertising all of the specimens produced are possibly heterozygous "snake-eyed" as well because of the new announcement? Just thought I'd ask.... If thats the case I should start listing all of our aptor, possible snake-eye\raptor hatchlings while the iron is still hot eh? j/k

And by the way, those are some very nice crosses you have there. Congrats!

Post some larger photos if you could..... And some updates along the way.

PS. Enjoying our incubation method? Good results?

Old 07-19-2005, 01:58 PM   #4
groovygeckos
Well , we have hatched 2 Snake eyed RAPTORs (one is Het APTOR the other a "patternless" )from APTOR X Het APTOR so they are proven to both be Het Red Eyes and Snake Eyes IF that is a seperate trait .

One of our babies has 1 solid and 1 "snake eye" , and the second has 1 normal and 1 Snake Eye! Third has 2 normal Albino eyes .

Now im told the APTORs were all Poss. Het RAPTOR , Ron never said they were Poss. Hets at the time . I had a feeling that was the case and named my APTOR "Raptor" before he was even shipped LOL

I`m now saying this to fact BECAUSE of the release , you see before i had not known about the "Snake eyes" . the RAPTOR i knew about since way back in November . So I was seeing this half red eye (i did not know was possible ) and just wasnt sure that it was a RAPTOR . Now there is no doubt .

You are right your APTOR is Poss. Het , but guessing he is not proven to be one.

I Think youde be "warming" your own "iron" to go ahead with that

Buy a Het , proove him out .

Thanks ! I like them ALOT

Ahhhh photos , been having a really hard time with posting pics , as you can see they come out way too small . Ill work on it and definately will be updating these babies . Try a magnifying glass , i did LOL

Actually "your" incubation method works very well . I never saw the Top Shelf label on "your" containers though . Been using those for awhile ,theyre nice.

Gotta love the container store , almost everything a Gecko could want

Old 07-19-2005, 02:02 PM   #5
groovygeckos
see if this works

Old 07-19-2005, 02:46 PM   #6
USAGECKOS
Did I miss something?
Quote:
PS. Enjoying our incubation method? Good results?

Gorgeous babies Dan! Man, I am having a very bad season this year compared to some of you

Old 07-19-2005, 03:06 PM   #7
groovygeckos
Quote:
I am having a very bad season this year compared to some of you
Ahhhh, I wouldnt say that . I Had many problems too !

Think it may seem that way because so many are posting the triumphs , and not the failures which seem to be "neck in neck" toward the finish line .For us anyway . For instance I hatched 3 babies from my APTOR breeding , but have lost that many eggs too .

Just having fun and trying not to let it get to me .

Old 07-19-2005, 03:07 PM   #8
JBrune
Wondering if...

They will hold any pattern or hypo out. Would live to see them in a couple months.

my 2 cents... I don't like the eye thing - too freaky
Joyce

Old 07-19-2005, 03:08 PM   #9
groovygeckos
Quote:
Did I miss something?
You mean you havent heard of the Johnson method ?

Old 07-19-2005, 03:13 PM   #10
groovygeckos
Being the first they are definately keepers , so i will be posting them as they grow . The black will not likely stay that bold . On my other Red Stripe crosses the black 'hypos' to a lavender color , leaving a row of spots (the stripe) then fills in with yellow or orange where the lavender was . These we will just have to see .

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!