2010 Census: Violation of rights?!?! - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 03-17-2010, 11:11 PM   #21
Twizted Paths
I am not answering all this crap.

Old 05-04-2010, 11:25 AM   #22
garweft
I just got done responding to a census worker that came to the door about 2 minutes ago. Told him my name, birthdate, and race along with the same info on my wife and kids. Told him I rent, that it's not my temporary college or vacation home, and no one else was living here on April 1st. No questions were asked on my employment status or how much I made...etc.

I never even got my form in the mail to fill out....

He was a little worried about my dog getting out..... I wonder how he would have felt about the snakes.....

Old 05-04-2010, 11:35 AM   #23
TripleMoonsExotic
I did the stupid form...and a census worker still showed up at my door...he told me that the census system is screwed up and some that were mailed in never go entered...

Old 05-04-2010, 11:36 AM   #24
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
I filled out the form when it came in the mail to me and there were no questions about employment or money. The race questions were there~ but not that other stuff.

I'd just like to say~ PLEASE lets all do remember that while all of this may be a big old pain in the rear....and maybe even an invasion of your privacy....it is NOT the fault of the poor schmuck they send to your front door. He or she is just some poor guy who needed a job in this poor economy so he could feed his family too....he isn't the one who made the questions, or made the law saying you had to answer them...he's just some guy who needed a job...so do treat them with a little respect. I'm sure it's not an easy job and no one WANTS to do it...but we all need to eat and earn a living.

Old 05-04-2010, 02:24 PM   #25
WebSlave
We never did get a form in the mail. Hope whoever shows up here doesn't get too nervous that I have a gun on my hip....

Old 05-04-2010, 03:07 PM   #26
americananie
We mailed in the form over here, but they kept calling us over and over. I think it's because they hadn't received it yet. I don't know, but it was really stressing my mom out (it comes up as either U.S. Government or Census Bureau depending on which number they call on).
So, after ignoring about 10 calls in one night, I picked up the phone and pretended I was a little girl (I think I told them I was 9). The reason I even had to give an age is because they asked if I was at least 16 so I could answer some questions.
I made the guy on the phone extremely uncomfortable. Poor guy...it was just too fun to pass up. He even ended up saying he was sorry for waking me...

Old 05-04-2010, 03:10 PM   #27
garweft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl Marchek AKA JM View Post
I'd just like to say~ PLEASE lets all do remember that while all of this may be a big old pain in the rear....and maybe even an invasion of your privacy....it is NOT the fault of the poor schmuck they send to your front door. He or she is just some poor guy who needed a job in this poor economy so he could feed his family too....he isn't the one who made the questions, or made the law saying you had to answer them...he's just some guy who needed a job...so do treat them with a little respect. I'm sure it's not an easy job and no one WANTS to do it...but we all need to eat and earn a living.
I was very nice to the guy who showed up here. We even joked a little about how they need to ask the person they talk to if they are a male or female. He told me a few funny stories about his job so far and I even shook his hand and wished him a good day when he was leaving.

My goal was to be the most pleasant respondent he had today. I wouldn't be nasty to him anymore than I would be to a cashier at walmart because the lines are long. It's not there fault, they just work there.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!