whats a good snake - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Other Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-05-2014, 05:17 PM   #31
xXBlueLipsXx
its depends on if they have it at the reptile expo :/ im considering a carpet python but I want a back up choose just in case they dont have any at the expo. And I like options too

Old 07-05-2014, 06:45 PM   #32
EmeraldBoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXBlueLipsXx View Post
its depends on if they have it at the reptile expo :/ im considering a carpet python but I want a back up choose just in case they dont have any at the expo. And I like options too
I have both etbs and gtps, they are pretty laid back in my experience if you know what you're doing. If you go that route then tread carefully because they will reward you if you stay on top of things, but will crash very easily if you slip up. Granted they are not made of glass either. Also, buy CB animals and if you choose farmed animals then make sure it's Bushmaster stock. Preferably you will buy from a breeder that will offer plenty of follow up support, which will be needed when you're just getting the little guy in the door, but once established they are very low maintanence and generally problem free. Handeling is debatable, I handle mine a little every week to make sure they keep good muscle tone. Removable branches make this a lot easier.

Carpets are fun too.

Good luck.

Old 07-05-2014, 09:06 PM   #33
xXBlueLipsXx
yeaa see this confuses me because people say GTB and GTP are mean and are agressesive yet I see people handling adult and babie of those species and there laid back ...it confuses me really

Old 07-06-2014, 11:24 AM   #34
EmeraldBoid
Quote:
yeaa see this confuses me because people say GTB and GTP are mean and are agressesive yet I see people handling adult and babie of those species and there laid back ...it confuses me really
There are a few aggressive ones, but most just do not care. If your heart is set on a gtp/etb and just those then pick up an an already established cb adult, they will be a little more user friendly. If you are not 100% sure what you want then give carpets, balls, whatever a try. I really like my blood pythons, even though they do not climb.

Good luck

Old 07-06-2014, 12:04 PM   #35
xXBlueLipsXx
beautiful ^^ snake and yeaa im trying to be opened minded and I cant get an adult because I only have a little 10 gal because it was cheap and half the price and my mom said oh get a baby and up grade when it gets older ._. ....so yeaa im stuck with babies lol

Old 07-06-2014, 12:31 PM   #36
EmeraldBoid
Quote:
beautiful ^^ snake and yeaa im trying to be opened minded and I cant get an adult because I only have a little 10 gal because it was cheap and half the price and my mom said oh get a baby and up grade when it gets older ._. ....so yeaa im stuck with babies lol
Ditch the tank, tubs all the way for young ones and custom cages for the adults.

Old 07-06-2014, 12:34 PM   #37
xXBlueLipsXx
I bought it from a person thats built especially for snakes it slides out and has a pin in the middle so it cant escape. also im sorta new to the snake world lol so whats a tub? and yeaa I thought about getting a arboreal cage from this person:http://pvccages.com/arboreal-snake-cages/ but sense so many people said bad things about GTP and GTB's i decided not to get it

Old 07-06-2014, 01:10 PM   #38
EmeraldBoid
Quote:
I bought it from a person thats built especially for snakes it slides out and has a pin in the middle so it cant escape. also im sorta new to the snake world lol so whats a tub? and yeaa I thought about getting a arboreal cage from this person:http://pvccages.com/arboreal-snake-cages/ but sense so many people said bad things about GTP and GTB's i decided not to get it
I build my own cages and tubs are well tubs...sterilite/Rubbermaid

Old 07-06-2014, 01:22 PM   #39
xXBlueLipsXx
ah ok, im not that good at building a cage lol I wouldnt even know how to sand it down haha and yeaa I might be able to convince my mom to buy me a bigger one and put something else into the 10 gal one

Old 07-06-2014, 01:23 PM   #40
xXBlueLipsXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldBoid View Post
I build my own cages and tubs are well tubs...sterilite/Rubbermaid
where do you buy the tubs at? if they sell them anywhere?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!