Bite Club - Page 16 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

View Poll Results: What best describes your personal experience??
Never been bitten. I tend to keep more placid species IE Cornsnakes. 55 9.60%
Have been nipped at a few times from my baby Python or Boa. 223 38.92%
I get hit every freaking day by something, whether I'm cleaning cages or just free handling for 'special time'. 34 5.93%
I've been hit hundreds of times from just about everything!! Kings, Milks, Pythons, Boas, but nothing too severe. 104 18.15%
I was at the wrong end (the recipient) of an extremely painful bite from a very large constrictor. 95 16.58%
I use extreme caution when handling any of my reptiles, and have not been bit by anything other than my neighbors dog, my house cat, or my neighbor. What's all this nonsense about Reptile bites??? 62 10.82%
Voters: 573. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-21-2006, 12:38 PM   #151
jdfleckner
Red face bite club

i have not had our snakes bite me yet
but my black throat monitor (30" long) bite me on the pinky and i had to have it attached to my hand for over a half hour will i waited for my husband to get home and remove it he was not letting go with out prying him jaw open every time i tried to remove him he would bite down harder, even as small as he was it took my husband almost all he had to open his jaw
of course it was my felt my kids were playing around him and got him scared and i got in between them and he got me instead of my son

Old 03-21-2006, 02:09 PM   #152
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdfleckner
i have not had our snakes bite me yet
but my black throat monitor (30" long) bite me on the pinky and i had to have it attached to my hand for over a half hour will i waited for my husband to get home and remove it he was not letting go with out prying him jaw open every time i tried to remove him he would bite down harder, even as small as he was it took my husband almost all he had to open his jaw
of course it was my felt my kids were playing around him and got him scared and i got in between them and he got me instead of my son

Ouch! Being bitten by a couple big lizards in My time, I have found that submerging them in water usually gets them to let go. Prying, though seeming like the only way, can damage teeth, and gums, and jaws.

Just thought I'd share that.

Rick

Old 03-21-2006, 04:30 PM   #153
jdfleckner
bite club

i tried to dunk them in waer but he bite harder
and for damage to his jaw we were afraid of that but he was ok

Old 03-21-2006, 11:05 PM   #154
hhmoore
the key is to sit down and relax...don't move. I once fell asleep (well, dozed off) with a 3.5 foot nile monitor attached to my hand, lol. I opened my eyes & he was still attached. Bored with his nonsense (it had been at least 45 minutes, after all), I reached for him with my other hand...he saw it coming for him and let go so he could back away, lol

Old 03-23-2006, 01:36 PM   #155
initial p
ive never been bitten but i have cons and boas

Old 03-28-2006, 03:25 PM   #156
bear
one of the first boas i ever bought was my first bite, he has some amazing color on him and when i pulled him out of the snake bag i was holding him up to the light checking him out when i realized that he was looking for trouble, and he got it, he started striking at the arm i was holding him with which i find very odd, ive had snakes strike at moving things around them but ive never seen one strike at the hand im holding it with. but then again this snakes not the sharpest cookie in the box. after this incident i dubbed him "mean snake" instead of het sharp. i had a friend over and wanted to show him mean snakes color so i decided to pick him up again, this boa actually zoned in on its own tail movements and repeatidly striked at its own tail until i put him back in the rack, ive never seen a boa with that much spunk. other than that ive been struck at by many bloods and balls but ive only been bitten by boas.

Old 03-28-2006, 06:39 PM   #157
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by bear
one of the first boas i ever bought was my first bite, he has some amazing color on him and when i pulled him out of the snake bag i was holding him up to the light checking him out when i realized that he was looking for trouble, and he got it, he started striking at the arm i was holding him with which i find very odd, ive had snakes strike at moving things around them but ive never seen one strike at the hand im holding it with. but then again this snakes not the sharpest cookie in the box. after this incident i dubbed him "mean snake" instead of het sharp. i had a friend over and wanted to show him mean snakes color so i decided to pick him up again, this boa actually zoned in on its own tail movements and repeatidly striked at its own tail until i put him back in the rack, ive never seen a boa with that much spunk. other than that ive been struck at by many bloods and balls but ive only been bitten by boas.

First off, welcome to Fauna.

2nd.......At least it was a young one. LOL They hurt a lot more when they get bigger. Trust Me.

Rick

Old 03-29-2006, 12:13 PM   #158
Laura Fopiano
Talking Bite club facial bite

Okay, I'll play...........
When I was 11 years old I had a fairly good size collection of fence lizards, horned lizards, whip tails, ect. The neighborhood kids would meet at my house and walk to school together. I would play with me critters every day before and after school....and yes I gave them kisses every day too.

On one particular morning, I was holding my large male "blue belly" givin him kisses like I did everyday, well, he was just having anymore of my nonsense, and in front of a large group of kids in my bedroom........yep, he latched onto my bottom lip and was not going to let go any time soon.

Well of course all the kids started laughing as I tugged and pulled at my new appendage.......and what do all kids do when they see their own blood?? You guessed it..........I started crying and calling out "daddy" "daddy"!!! Which only infuriated the lizard more and caused the kids to laugh even harder, cause every time I spoke, the 8 inch lizard bounced up and down........

My dear father seeing my parrel, stop for a moment, attempted to compose himself, and removed the creature from my bottom lip.

Do I still kiss my critter's??? Only the one's that I don't have to use a hook when removing them from their enclosures. Did I learn my lesson about kissing lizards on the head...........shhhhhh, I'll never tell...LMAO

Old 03-30-2006, 11:38 PM   #159
Clay Davenport
My most recent bite has proven to be quite irritating. I got hit by an 8 foot boa constrictor a couple of weeks ago. Stupid feeding error on my part, but she got me pretty good.
One spot has been infected ever since. I thought she left a tooth, but I've cut into it three times and can't find anything in there. Still got this painful welt on one finger though.

Youd think I would know better than to dangle a rat from my fingers
Oh well, at least I broke my own personal record for the largest snake to have bitten me. And it wasn't a facial bite, I HATE those lol.

Old 03-31-2006, 08:22 AM   #160
hhmoore
You know...I've never managed to get bitten in the face by a reptile (a dog, a bird, and a ferret, but never a reptile). That doesn't mean that none have tried - I just knew it was coming soon enough to not leave my face in their path. I did have one that was so intent on biting my face off that I bought one of those face guards. I wore it once, hated it, never put it back on.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!