FOR ADOPTION: adult male ball python - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Adoptions

Notices

Adoptions This section is for people OFFERING animals for adoption. NOT solicitations asking for free animals.

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 02:20 AM   #1
Pink Lady Exotics
FOR ADOPTION: adult male ball python

I purchased a ball python from someone in Florida a few weeks ago, and instead of being sent the one that was advertised, I was sent this male. I contacted the seller, he refuses to acknowledge his false advertisement nor admits he should refund my money. I don't really have space for a normal male, so I'd much rather he go to his own home as someone's pet.

He obviously had an irresponsible owner at some point in his life, because he has burn scars on his belly and sides from an uncontrolled heat source -- my assumption being a heat rock or heat bulb that he wrapped himself around. They are healed, and they don't affect him -- he seems to not mind being handled gently and does everything a normal ball python does. He's a fantastic eater on weaned/small rats -- dead or alive. He's taken live for me, but he also eagerly took one that another snake had killed but didn't eat. I just dangled it by the tongs and he was on it. His feeding response when he smells food is STRONG -- not aggressive, but very motivated by the scent of prey. He will come out of his tub to come get it. Because of this, I prefer he goes to a snake-experienced owner.

I'm not asking an adoption fee, just cover shipping. If I don't know you as a regular member on Fauna, I have to ask to see your enclosure before sending him. I want to make sure you have all the necessary equipment so this guy doesn't run the risk of getting burned/mistreated/sick again.

If you're interested, please drop me an e-mail. Thanks!

jennifer.harrison@hotmail.com

Old 06-15-2007, 12:16 AM   #2
darkbloodwyvern
:(

what a lovely male, he is quite nice looking. sorry to see that you and the snake have had a tough time of it. Hope you can find him a loving home!

Old 06-15-2007, 02:44 AM   #3
Pink Lady Exotics
I thought I edited this? Hmmm. He found a home the same day with someone local, the guy is really great and this is his first ball python. He kept the name I gave him and has joined one of the forums I moderate so I get to see updates on the little guy. It made me so happy to see him go to someone who was so thrilled to have his new snake!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread