Sexed pairs albino Iberian Ribbed Newts. You will get eggs! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Amphibians

Notices

Old 04-27-2021, 08:32 PM   #1
David Kurn
Sexed pairs albino Iberian Ribbed Newts. You will get eggs!

3 year old pink eyed male and female Pleurodeles waltl SVL around 4 to 5 inches. Total length around 7 to 9 inches. $135.00 plus $50 shipping. You will get eggs!!
Attached Images

Contact User Check User
Old 05-01-2021, 09:03 PM   #2
LotsofLotls
Sent you a message!

Old 05-06-2021, 07:30 PM   #3
SandfireDragonRanch
Leucistics.... not albino. All lucy ribbed newts have pink or red pupil.

Old 05-06-2021, 07:47 PM   #4
David Kurn
Always wondered why they were called leucistic. I thought leucistic has regular pigmented eyes and albinos had pink eyes due to tyrosinase deficiency affecting neural crest cell migration. Retinal pigmentation is derived from the neural tube which is not affected by tyrosinase...at least that’s my understanding Always confused by this
  Contact User Check User
Old 05-06-2021, 08:11 PM   #5
SandfireDragonRanch
they are definitely leucistic and not albino. they have pigment in their eyes. their iris is not pink or red. its a mutation of the leucophore not a tyrosinase deficiency. their eyes are not all red just the pupil with blue ring( very common in many leucistics animals). even leucistic axolotls are like this unless they are melanoid albino and if albino they wouldnt be white they would be yellow upon hatching lucy ribbed newts are white unless they are fed heavy carotenoids which can turn them yellowish in appearance plus i have piebald ribbed newts (Partial leucistic)

Old 05-06-2021, 08:27 PM   #6
David Kurn
Iris ring!! That’s being up close and personal with those damn newts!! Cool. Thanks for the clarification. I always wondered about this. Regards. David
  Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!