Leopard gecko shedding problems!? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues

Notices

Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues Anything to do with veterinarians, health issues, pathogens, hygiene, or sanitation.

Old 10-10-2011, 07:05 PM   #1
nuggetcujo
Exclamation Leopard gecko shedding problems!?

I need help. If I don't get any really good suggestions, I will be taking a trip to the vet tomorrow.

My leopard geckos always have a wet hide. One of my geckos is now having problems shedding... and more. She started shedding two weeks ago, and as a new leopard gecko owner, I didn't realize it was a huge problem that she didn't finish shedding. I looked it up today, and read that I should give her a bath in warm water for 15 minutes. As I was watching her soak in the water, I noticed several red cuts on her skin that could not have been caused by another gecko. She finished soaking, so I started to gently and slowly pull at the dead skin (what I read to do) She didn't complain at all, so I thought I was doing good. Then I noticed her back was redish... and raw looking. I started to worry, so I stopped and let her dry off. the skin was still raw, and when I gently touched it she jerked away. The dead skin is not all off either.

So now I'm really worried, and I feel horrible that I hurt her, even though I was trying to help.

Is there any type of ointment I can buy that will stop her from getting infected and help her heal? Also, is there a better way to get the dead skin off? I'm a new leopard gecko owner, and I didn't know if this has happened to anyone before.

Old 10-13-2011, 08:47 AM   #2
melplusanimals
Did you take her to the vet and what happened? please give update

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!