Do you need to be Fedex Certified to ship live worms? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 06-05-2010, 08:39 PM   #1
charlie476
Do you need to be Fedex Certified to ship live worms?

As the title states do you need to be FedEx Certified to ship live worms? USPS has been great most of the time for me but the few times they haven't been are unacceptable to me. I wish to switch to FedEx.

Old 06-06-2010, 12:35 PM   #2
TheVipersHouse
as far as i know you don't have to be certified to ship worms , cause i dont think they are covered under the lacey act in any way .. and when i got certified i didn't see anything on the list that pertained to worms .. but i would if i were you double check on their website ..

Old 06-06-2010, 06:30 PM   #3
bondoron
It would probably be a lot cheaper to send them through the mail.

Old 06-06-2010, 08:10 PM   #4
charlie476
The down side to USPS priority mail is 2-3 days in most cases. However its not a guaranteed service. So it could take a week which has happened before. Also they do not offer tracking.

Old 06-06-2010, 09:57 PM   #5
StrictlyExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie476 View Post
The down side to USPS priority mail is 2-3 days in most cases. However its not a guaranteed service. So it could take a week which has happened before. Also they do not offer tracking.
Charlie,

You should be able to pay an extra fee for confirmation on USPS packaging. the difference when tracking by USPS, it doesnt give you step by step notes as to where your package is.

Old 06-06-2010, 10:46 PM   #6
charlie476
thats the problem its nothing more than a delivery confirmation number i do add that. But most time they only bother to scan it when it is about to be delivered which is unreliable since you never know when the package will be delivered. I'm going to switch to FedEx for sure since you know exactly which day it will be delivered. Just didn't know if i needed anything special for shipping worms. Thanks everyone for the response.

Old 09-01-2010, 08:13 PM   #7
ladysilkworm
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie476 View Post
thats the problem its nothing more than a delivery confirmation number i do add that. But most time they only bother to scan it when it is about to be delivered which is unreliable since you never know when the package will be delivered. I'm going to switch to FedEx for sure since you know exactly which day it will be delivered. Just didn't know if i needed anything special for shipping worms. Thanks everyone for the response.
PLAINLY USPS SUCKS!!!
it is reaching a 50% fail rate with me and driving the business to the ground.. I can't stand it!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!