Obama to Fire National Guard Chief During Inauguration - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 01-16-2017, 12:46 PM   #11
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by suskie1992 View Post
there's good old alex jones
I can't say I have followed Alex Jones much over the years, if at all, but honestly with this recent election stuff, he seems to have been pretty much dead on with his predictions and interpretations of events. Sure beats the hell out of the crap that the mainstream media tries to feed us.

Old 01-16-2017, 01:49 PM   #12
RidesNherps
It is SOP for the Nat. Guard general to submit a letter of resignation to the newly inaugerated president. That president can either accept it or reject it. This general was originally appointed by W. Obama rejected his resignation letter when he was inaugerated the first time, thus letting him stay on. According to procedure, the general again submitted a letter of resignation at Obama's second resignation, and again it was rejected. Trump has rejected his letter of resignation, so he will be leaving.

Now you know "the rest of the story," as Paul Harvey used to say.

Dawn Carrie

Old 01-16-2017, 01:51 PM   #13
RidesNherps
at Obama's second inaugeration, not reesignation. geez...

Old 01-16-2017, 06:09 PM   #14
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidesNherps View Post
It is SOP for the Nat. Guard general to submit a letter of resignation to the newly inaugerated president. That president can either accept it or reject it. This general was originally appointed by W. Obama rejected his resignation letter when he was inaugerated the first time, thus letting him stay on. According to procedure, the general again submitted a letter of resignation at Obama's second resignation, and again it was rejected. Trump has rejected his letter of resignation, so he will be leaving.

Now you know "the rest of the story," as Paul Harvey used to say.

Dawn Carrie
Well, if both Obama and Trump rejected the letter of resignation, then why is the general leaving?

Old 01-16-2017, 06:24 PM   #15
RidesNherps
Because I'm an idiot. Trump accepted the general's resignation, rather than rejected it. I'm having a blonde day, and it's Monday. Bad combination. **sigh**

Dawn

Old 01-16-2017, 06:54 PM   #16
Helenthereef
So, effectively, TRUMP fired the general?

Old 01-16-2017, 07:59 PM   #17
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helenthereef View Post
So, effectively, TRUMP fired the general?
With all the talk of planned disruptions of the inauguration with protests and likely conflicts, this sure seems like an odd thing to do. I haven't seen any indications that Trump is stupid, so I guess the only thing to assume is that he has a good reason for doing something like that. The guy has enough business sense to know that keeping your cards close to your chest is usually wise.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!