Stolen/Released Tegu - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Police Blotter

Notices

Police Blotter General notifications about thefts, breakins or and cases where animals or materials are stolen. Photos of the merchandise taken can be posted to help with recovery.

Old 04-18-2009, 07:30 PM   #1
Wolfy-hound
Stolen/Released Tegu

Someone broke into my tegu pen and now Noah the arg B&W female tegu is missing.

They left the side gate open to the yard, and the pen door open. My red tegu Groo was recovered in a neighbor's yard.
No sign of Noah. The police officer seemed to believe that the lizards would be found just walking around. Even though the pen was secured with a barrel slide lock, and the GATE was open.

She was believed to be gravid as well.

My email if anyone knows/hears anything...
Ladytayla AT yahoo.com

Old 04-18-2009, 07:32 PM   #2
Mooing Tricycle
Im so sorry T.... Ill help spread the word around. Anything to help you out.

Old 04-18-2009, 07:38 PM   #3
TheFragginDragon
WTH is this world coming too..fingers are crossed Theresa.

Old 04-19-2009, 01:47 AM   #4
Tiger Lilly
Please keep us posting on what's going on with this!
I'm so sorry something like this has happened.
Praying for a safe return of both of them.

Old 04-19-2009, 02:48 AM   #5
Uroboros
People suck ass, tegus generally don't. While the tegus couldn't operate the barrell lock, I'm sure you have a more jackass proof lock installed.

Good luck, Theresa. Maybe it would be good to post some pics in case it turns up on KS or something. Watch your area craigslist.

Old 04-19-2009, 09:37 AM   #6
Wolfy-hound
There is only ONE tegu missing. A couple people asked me. It's one female B&W arg tegu. Yes, I guess I should have padlocked my pets in my own backyard, but I trusted that I hadn't had issues with anyone entering my yard, much less my fenced backyard. It really irritates me that someone would steal a pet.

Old 04-19-2009, 10:15 AM   #7
Lucille
I'm sorry she is missing, I hope she turns up for you. Perhaps it was kids, who decided to investigate and then ran off?

It is discouraging that pet theft has become big business. It has gotten to the point that I don't leave my dogs out when I'm not there. They are not especially valuable, but they are precious to me, and I hear all the time about animals getting stolen out of back yards and then sold for all kinds of purposes

Old 04-19-2009, 11:41 AM   #8
Mokele
If she was stolen, maybe you could check the local pet stores, and have them keep an eye out.

Old 04-21-2009, 04:40 AM   #9
JordanAng420
I'm new here, and not very well known, but I want to send you my best wishes in hopes that you find your beautiful tegu.

Perhaps you could go the "old-school" route as well, such as posting flyers with her picture, and a "reward, with no questions asked" type of thing, around your neighborhood and surrounding stores. Rewards usually stir people up quite a bit.

Also, you might want to think about having micro-chips implanted in everybody, esp. the kids you keep outside...Personally, there have been MANY times i've encountered when a microchip becomes the smoking gun in a case of a missing animal...

Think positive. I wish the best for you.

Old 04-21-2009, 07:19 AM   #10
Wolfy-hound
Yes I'll be printing/posting fliers. Last time I posted about a missing pet, the fliers were torn down almost as fast as I put them up. (with a reward).
The odd thing was, she was due to get chipped within a few weeks. I already have two of the other lizards chipped, not that it helps except to prove ownership in the case that it is located. Otherwise, it really doesn't do more than ID a found animal.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!