Did anyone see this??? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-25-2006, 06:54 AM   #1
Gregg M
Did anyone see this???

Are people actually selling leo eggs??? How rediculous is that....
http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=10&de=402176

Old 04-25-2006, 07:08 AM   #2
nydrgnldy
OMG Gregg I had not seen that...And exactly what does he think will happen to those eggs when he ships them...does temp Fluctuation mean anything to anyone. But then because of whi it is I'm not really suprised he is kind of the puppy mill of geckos in My opinion. I have never been impressed with him.
Robin

Old 04-25-2006, 07:10 AM   #3
LeosForLess
Omg that is not a good idea. First off, how do they ship them and keep a constant temp, and how does the buyer know theyre fertile? I could understand selling a gravid girl, but not eggs.

Old 04-25-2006, 10:35 AM   #4
DeeSWR
What's he thinking? We keep our hatchlings til at least 2-3 months of age!!! It would be better to ship a 1-day-old hatchling than an egg (note the dripping sarcasm...)

Old 04-25-2006, 10:54 AM   #5
BalloonzForU
The sad thing, is there's poss. some poor saps out there actually buying the eggs from him.

Old 04-25-2006, 11:01 AM   #6
DeeSWR
Yep... and we all know how brutal temp fluctuations can be on a developing hatchling... can you imagine the reactions of these poor people if they end up with a seriously malformed hatchling?

Old 04-25-2006, 11:15 AM   #7
geckonate
Thanks for the informative post Gregg.

I hate to make this a personal issue, but I met this guy last year at a show and I must say...judging by his personality, I'm not surprised he's shipping eggs.

He refers to his availability page as "blood money". Put two and two together, I wouldn't buy from this guy.

Old 04-25-2006, 11:33 AM   #8
saltwaterreptiles
yeah, just visited his site actually... no comment on that :\

Eggs in the mail, sounds like seamonkeys to me... someone is going to be VERY dissappointed

Old 04-25-2006, 12:06 PM   #9
houdini1
There was actually an ad in my local paper here about 2 or 3 months ago for Leopard gecko eggs. they also had some scarlet macaw eggs and some other geckos, cresties I think. When I saw it I had to read it twice. I couldn't believe that someone would actually sell the eggs. Then some inexperienced buyer comes along and buys these eggs and has no idea what they are doing. Its really sad what some people would do to make a few dollars.

Old 04-25-2006, 12:10 PM   #10
Cat_72
I can see selling bird eggs....as long as they aren't subjected to extreme temperatures, they can very safely be shipped and successfully hatched. Many hatcheries sell them, and I have in fact purchased fertilized eggs at auctions. I can't believe anyone in their right mind would think this was possible with gecko eggs however....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!