FedEx shipping quality down the toilet? - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 08-16-2021, 09:10 PM   #31
WebSlave
It could be worse.

We went through a stretch where the FedEx driver would just leave the package at the end of our driveway, fully exposed to the road. Had one instance of packages being stolen because they made the delivery on a Saturday and I wasn't expecting that. It was a Ground shipment, and they don't normally deliver on Saturdays. The packages had been scheduled to arrive on Friday, but there was some sort of exception, so I didn't expect to see anything further till Monday. We don't go out all that often, so when I checked on the status on Monday, I found that the packages had been "delivered" on Saturday, and marked left at gate. Of course they weren't still there after a few days of sitting down there. I can't see the end of the driveway from the house, and had no reason to walk down there to look.

Not sure who wound up paying for it (total came to close to $1500 for the both of them), but both places sent me replacements after a lot of aggravation and time on my part on the phone with both of them explaining what happened. But it sure as heck wasn't going to come out of MY pocket!

I think the driver either got fired, or resigned from all my complaints about him. The guy was rather heavy set, and I guess the long walk up the driveway was too much for him. Everyone else seemed to be able to get the truck up the driveway and maneuver back out, but I guess he was just kind of *special*.

Lately FedEx has been delivering everything OK. Knock on wood.

Old 08-17-2021, 06:28 PM   #32
JColt
Amazon delivery here is good. They always put item where it cannot be seen from street or sidewalk then send a pic of it to my email.

Old 08-17-2021, 06:42 PM   #33
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by JColt View Post
Amazon delivery here is good. They always put item where it cannot be seen from street or sidewalk then send a pic of it to my email.
Amazon delivery? Any orders I have placed with Amazon (reluctantly, I might add) have been delivered via UPS or FedEx.

I did notice recently that a couple of miles from me at a convenience store there is a huge green cabinet looking thing that says something like "Amazon deliveries" or something to that effect. No telling what that is. But then again, I am not a real big fan of Amazon.

Old 08-17-2021, 06:53 PM   #34
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Amazon delivery? Any orders I have placed with Amazon (reluctantly, I might add) have been delivered via UPS or FedEx.
In many areas they have their own delivery drivers and trucks. They deliver seven days a week.

Old 08-19-2021, 04:13 PM   #35
JColt
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post

I did notice recently that a couple of miles from me at a convenience store there is a huge green cabinet looking thing that says something like "Amazon deliveries" or something to that effect. No telling what that is. But then again, I am not a real big fan of Amazon.
In my area they have prime drivers. Some in big marked vans that say prime and also people who deliver in personal vehicles. I ordered some skin and paw treatment for dog last Sat and it was delivered Sun afternoon.

Old 08-19-2021, 06:34 PM   #36
Lucille
Amazon delivery has been getting much better than it was a few years ago. I am using the Amazon pharmacy for my meds because it is cheap and reliable, and often the Amazon drivers will get it here the next day, so I'm happy with that. UPS is good. Fedex for many of my packages is not delivering on time, but a day or two later.

Old 08-19-2021, 08:31 PM   #37
WebSlave
Never seen an Amazon delivery truck around here.

Lately FedEx has been doing something interesting with their estimated dates of delivery. When I get email notices of the order from the seller concerning shipping via FedEx, FedEx will often make an unrealistic claim of estimated delivery at the same time. For instance, had I placed an order today, when that order is processed and FedEx gets notice of a label having being created, they will claim a delivery date of tomorrow, even though the package had not even been picked up yet, and the small matter of the package being clear across the country from where I am located. So every day there will be an "update" to the estimated delivery date. Often FedEx will claim one problem or another as an "EXCEPTION". Sometimes the package shows up earlier than their most current delivery date. More often it shows up at least a day later.

So when I get the initial delivery date estimate, I know it is just pie in the sky, and deserves as much attention as that.

Old 09-04-2021, 08:32 PM   #38
WebSlave
Well, FedEx is "excelling" at their job. Again.

Ordered something from a place in Ohio on 08/31. They created the shipping label on 09/01 at 08:12am. FedEx didn't pick up the package until 12:00am on 09/02. At that time, the estimated date of delivery was Friday, 09/03. Package is being sent via FedEx Home Delivery.

ETD then changed to Saturday, 09/04 (today).

Then late last night (Friday night) it changed to Sunday, 09/05 (tomorrow).

Package got into Kennesaw, GA at 3:36am this morning (09/04) and there it has sat all day long. ETD is still Sunday, 09/05, but there is a red notice on the page saying "POTENTIALLY DELAYED". Yeah, THAT is a surprise!

I have had packages choked up in Kennesaw, GA, before, sometimes for a couple of days. Not sure what that FedEx depot is like, but seems they have some real issues there.

And, of course, Monday is a holiday.

So, what are the chances for me to actually get this delivery tomorrow?
Attached Images

Old 09-05-2021, 05:00 PM   #39
WebSlave
FedEx tracking is saying that the package is on the truck and out for delivery today. It is now 5:00pm, and normally FedEx will show up before noontime. I am expecting an email saying there was some sort of "EXCEPTION" and they are rescheduling the delivery for Tuesday. This has happened before. I have heard the excuse that the driver couldn't find my address, the road was impassible (yeah, right), the gate on my driveway was closed (it wasn't) and the truck broke down enroute. Wonder which one they will use this time? Perhaps "the dog ate the driver's homework"?

OK, so I thought that during my typing the above, I would hear the driveway alarm indicating the truck was pulling in. No such luck.

So, I am wondering if the package was never really put on the truck for delivery today, only scanned that it was, or if the driver is just planning on making up some excuse so he can cut the day shorter by not making the delivery?

Old 09-05-2021, 08:26 PM   #40
WebSlave
Well this is a surprise. 8:20pm, no package, and FedEx's tracking number says DELIVERY: PENDING.

So I called FedEx on the phone and just got some numbskull located in Puerto Rico who as about as helpful as gravy on a doorknob.

I spent the entire weekend just waiting around for the delivery.

And just to set the record straight, there were actually three boxes in this delivery, not one. I had a subwoofer die, and decided to replace three of them that were getting pretty long in the tooth.

I am so pissed right now. I can't see straight. I am sorely tempted to tell the driver when he shows up on Tuesday (assumed) to just take that package and shove it where the sun don't shine and get the hell off of my property and stay off. I will ask companies I am buying from, and if their only mode of delivery is FedEx, I will decline doing business with them. Screw this. Best thing FedEx could do is to just go out of business and let people who know what the heck they are doing, DO IT.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!