FedEx or UPS for shipping? You Tell Me.. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 12-01-2008, 12:14 AM   #1
Rainbow Bearded Dragons
Question FedEx or UPS for shipping? You Tell Me..

Hi to Everyone,

Tamara here, Rainbow Bearded Dragons. I'm sure there are many of you with the same decision I'm facing because of the Shut down of domestic delivery by DHL. I set up an account with UPS just to find out that out of 5 shipments only one was there by 10:30 am delivery and they charged me 7.00-10.00 more per shipment than FedEx would have charged me.... I was wondering what you guys have been dealing with, with your NEW Shipper? I know nothing about Fedex and wondering if they delivery on time, next day service by 10:30am?? I used the post office once and they said it would be delivered by 10:30 am the next day. Well the tracking was useless and it didn't get delivered next day but second day!
In the mean time they couldn't even find my package and it showed up in the tracking 2 days later when it got delivered. I had enough of that! They said they use fedex planes and it may have been bumped off...
Just wondering what your results are with your new shipper, former DHL users...

Thanks, Tamara

Old 12-01-2008, 05:14 AM   #2
6g72stick
when did this happen? they just let me set up an overnight shipment...

Old 12-01-2008, 05:19 AM   #3
Rainbow Bearded Dragons
I shipped them out with UPS on Monday 11/24/08 for next day Air and just got the bill tonight at my Paypal account...
That's when I figured out the charges...

Tamara

Old 12-01-2008, 05:22 AM   #4
Rainbow Bearded Dragons
Who did you set it up with?? I hope not DHL because they sent me a letter stateing they won't guarantee delivery... Did you tell them it was a live animal??

Tamara

Old 12-01-2008, 05:33 AM   #5
6g72stick
haha no, I did it just to see if it could be done. Figures. I always have had nothing but problems with them, and if they lose a package or you ever need to file a claim, you better be ready to fight for it. USPS is usually pretty good from my experience.

Old 12-01-2008, 06:34 AM   #6
hhmoore
This thread has been moved to the "Shipping" discussion forum

Old 12-01-2008, 06:38 AM   #7
Rainbow Bearded Dragons
Hi, Okay Thanks. I didn't know where to ask it? Hope I can find the shipping discussion forum...

Tamara

Old 12-02-2008, 07:39 AM   #8
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6g72stick View Post
USPS is usually pretty good from my experience.
It is a federal offense to ship anything but a few kinds of herps through the U.S. Postal Service. It is illegal for all types of snakes I know for sure. FYI

As for DHL, I have a longstanding account with them, and I opened a FedEx account because of their closing of US operations. I really don't like the fact that they said they are closing down, yet will still take packages, but not guarantee the delivery. Not a chance that I'll take with a live animal. And I absolutely hate UPS, and wouldn't use them to ship an empty box.

Old 12-02-2008, 08:02 AM   #9
TheFragginDragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus View Post
And I absolutely hate UPS, and wouldn't use them to ship an empty box.

Old 12-02-2008, 11:51 AM   #10
Uroboros
FedEx priority overnight gets to my office by 9:30am every time, from every where that I have bought from.

The tracking is crazy. The drivers use a hand held thing that connects to their system via cell phone technology. The FedEx guy walks out after delivering something to me, I get an email telling me that my package has been delivered.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!