My MHD - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Other Lizards Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-17-2011, 09:21 PM   #11
maggiemay1969
He said during day he keeps his at 72-75 degrees. I try and keep my guy a tiny bit warmer as he seems more active in 75-80 range....Much hotter than 84 I hear is not good. I take it you have MHD's too?....I know that trian and I are both looking for good advice/help on some issues.

Old 02-17-2011, 09:23 PM   #12
trian
Most of the time at its 75. At night its lowered but she stays near the top so i would say its 72.

Old 02-17-2011, 09:26 PM   #13
maggiemay1969
That's what Ziggy does too Trian...just closes his eyes if he isn't interested in the chow that's being offered. Just when I start worrying that he is lethargic though, he will have a burst of activity (running up my arm/head, drinking in the pool) or he will eat a good amount. It's just so sporadic, no pattern yet that I'm seeing.... Still not sure what the 'norm's are for this animal as far as eating/drinking/activity etc. I just keep reading!

Old 02-17-2011, 09:27 PM   #14
Cristie
Mountain horned dragons are insectivorous, consuming only live food. Common feeders in captivity include crickets, earthworms, silkworms, mealworms, moths, roaches, grasshoppers. Mountain Horned Dragons require a variety in diet and will often refuse food when offered in excessive redundancy.

i would bump her temp to 85 for day time temp

Old 02-17-2011, 09:29 PM   #15
trian
Mine doesnt have a burst of activity, doesnt run from me, even when i go to take her out of the terrarium she just chills there and lets me take her out without even fighting. When i take her out she just sits on my hand and doesnt really move. Doesnt climb up my arm, she used to when i first got her but calmed down alot. She does seem more active when im not in the room, from swimming to climbing but thats about it.

Old 02-17-2011, 09:30 PM   #16
trian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristie View Post
Mountain horned dragons are insectivorous, consuming only live food. Common feeders in captivity include crickets, earthworms, silkworms, mealworms, moths, roaches, grasshoppers. Mountain Horned Dragons require a variety in diet and will often refuse food when offered in excessive redundancy.

i would bump her temp to 85 for day time temp
I have tried feeding her a variety of foods. Mealworms, crickets, superworms, wax worms. I need to try silk worms and i need to find earthworms around here but i have come up empty handed.

Old 02-17-2011, 09:33 PM   #17
Cristie

i would bump her temp up to 85 in the day

Old 02-17-2011, 09:34 PM   #18
Cristie
oppps sry double sent it. do you know her age at all?

Old 02-17-2011, 09:35 PM   #19
maggiemay1969
Yeah, have fed nothing but live stuff. Seems to like the waxworms most, but I heard those should kinda be considered 'treats' because are so high in fat. has eaten mealworms, but then I read those are super high in chitin and that can be hard for them to digest if they eat too much of it. Zero interested in crickets, and zero interest in the offered earthrworms (which I had read on many posts they are sposta *love* and are good because of the high water content in them) If I remember right has eaten only a few of the superworms. They are so big tho, even the 'small' ones. that feeding them still makes me nervous..My guy is still pretty small.

Old 02-17-2011, 09:35 PM   #20
trian
No, I just know she is sub adult about 12 inches from head to tail.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!