A visit from the past... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Kingsnakes & Milksnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-09-2008, 01:21 PM   #1
Sasheena
Question A visit from the past...

Hey guys, I used to be so super active on this site... I was here all the time. I haven't been back much since the beginning of 2006 when I started grad school. I thought to be "back" last May after graduation but it turns out, I"m just overwhelmed in my personal life. I've had really bad health issues and also lost my mum.

I wanted a bit of advice, and I hope this is not breaking all the rules, but I'm planning on taking a complete break from my critters (snakes, mice, rats) and I used to know so many people online who had snakes, both locally and all over the country. I feel SO out of the loop now.

Where would you guys recommend that I go to try to sell off my entire not-so-extensive collection of herps. I would especially love it if I could find someone/where locally who would be interested in everything I have in one fell swoop. I'm in the Phoenix area.

Just so you know what I have (might help any advice)

1 AZ Mtn King (must find a non-sale home to give this one to, to be in compliance with AZ law.)
3 Cal Kings (high white male, low white male, albino proven female)
1 Rootbeer Corn (okay, so I don't have only kings, but kings are the majority)
1 male snow motley corn
1 proven female normal corn het motley and albino
1 Splendida (captive bred)
1 35-cage mouse rack, a little the worse for wear
1 large 60 gallon (I think?) display cage with stand (very nice)
Mice and rats and other mice and rat cages and snake cages. (plastic cages, glass cages, everything including some cage furniture)

I just need to get rid of everything and I'm stumped on where to get rid of it all. I'd like a little bit of cash because a few of these critters/items are a bit on the expensive side, but mostly I want it all gone. I'm scheduled for surgery in a month and will be recovering/having more surgery over the course of the next three years, so will be unable to care for my critters for that length of time. It is unfair to expect hubby to care for them over that time span, and I am just clueless. I know I can sell off the rodents without too much effort, but can't sell those without first selling the snakes.

Love my critters, but sometimes hobbies have to take a back seat to just taking care of your health.

I hope to take up the hobby again in four or five years.

So can anyone point me in the direction of how/where I might sell my entire collection?

Old 02-09-2008, 08:46 PM   #2
Cat_72
Good to see you, Sasheena....sorry it has to be under these circumstances!

I don't have any advice for ya as to where to sell the critters, but wanted to wish you the best of luck, and keep in touch once in awhile, huh?

Old 02-09-2008, 10:24 PM   #3
Sasheena
Hey

Thanks .... life throws you curveballs... so you learn how to play ball, yes?

Old 02-15-2008, 09:39 AM   #4
Laura Fopiano
Sasheena, you're already a paid member here. Put them up for sale in the classied section here. (advertising in the forums could get you a warning)

Maybe just a "take them all" sale.

Old 02-15-2008, 10:07 PM   #5
Sasheena
Thanks... I actually haven't paid for several years, so I think the "contributor" button is only that... a button with no stuff behind it.... but I'll see if I can post an advert.... I need to find a home for the critters within a month! I now have a deadline.

Old 02-15-2008, 10:27 PM   #6
The BoidSmith
Sasheena,

It's very good to hear from you but I'm sorry to hear about the health issues.

Take care

Dan

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!