Bad Guy ReptMart - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-15-2015, 08:53 PM   #1
Alhamdullilah
ReptMart

I have dealed with this company before. The first Leopard Gecko I received from them simply died due to who knows what. The second one I bought I was pleased. My issue with them is they sell (babies) (juveniles) (adults). This is in regard to Common Leopard Geckos. for (babies) and (juveniles) they price down with a discount because their mass bred LG's. Then for an adult Common Leopard Gecko they want a solid $70 dollars. I have adult Common Leopard Geckos that would put theirs to shame and I wouldnt sell them above $30.

What I thought was a large scale operation with a heart and real reptile enthusiast values FAILED in my book.

Regards......

Old 01-15-2015, 09:20 PM   #2
gila7150
You're going to have to do a little better than that.

If you're going to start a bad guy thread on a couple that have had a great reputation in the reptile community for decades you must have more information to back up your claims than my leopard gecko died for some reason and I don't like the price of their adult leopard geckos.

I've did business with them last year and they were complete professionals and shipped me some beautiful snakes. Right now this thread says more about you than it does about them in my opinion.

Old 01-15-2015, 11:08 PM   #3
Dbz4246
A few questions: Is this "Bay Guy" thread about the fact that one of your animals died? Did they compensate you or resolve the issue if there was one? No time frame was given, so for all we know, your first gecko could have died 6 months after the purchase. But if your warrant this thread as a "Bad Guy" post simply because you don't like their prices, then you should have closed the browser and moved on to the next seller. There is never, nor has there been, a set price which a seller can sell their animals. If I can sell my animals for double or triple what the majority of people are selling them for, I would... If I can find a buyer.

Old 01-16-2015, 02:12 AM   #4
Alhamdullilah
"If I can sell my animals for double or triple what the majority of people are selling them for, I would... If I can find a buyer."

Point proven. How sad!? Reminds me of some guy named Dan who sells herps.

Two people to support a Leopard Gecko "Factory" shows some consciousness among the U.S Reptile keepers community.There is still hope!

Regards,
Alhamdulillah

Old 01-16-2015, 02:28 AM   #5
ElexisC
This is seriously about the price? Is it a pet store? I've never heard of this but ReptMart leads me to think pet store, correct me if I'm wrong about that.

Old 01-16-2015, 02:50 AM   #6
Dbz4246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alhamdullilah View Post
Point proven. How sad!?
So what's proven? That sellers have the right to advertise any price for any animal they choose? Just because it's advertised, doesn't mean it will always sell at that price.

Based on what your saying, all sellers should sell everything they have for 30 bucks, you know, considering you won't like the price otherwise.

You have a right to an opinion, along with everybody else, but honestly, there's no need for this thread. Since you weren't happy with the price, this seller will now have a permanent "Bad Guy" thread on their record.

Old 01-16-2015, 07:16 AM   #7
Lucille
When I read the initial post on this thread, it sounded to me as if it was a disguised ad, so not only did the OP run down the name of another business, he seems to have used it as a platform for his own sales, which is not the function of this particular forum.
Perhaps the OP really believes in price fixing, but more likely to me, this thread was a way to get his own name and prices advertised.

Old 01-16-2015, 07:24 AM   #8
gila7150
Reptmart is the online retail side of Reptile Industries (wholesale). They are both owned by Mark and Kim Bell. Mark and Kim have earned a great reputation in the reptile community over the last few decades.
Don't hold your breath for specifics from this guy. He doesn't understand that accusing someone of flooding the market with an animal while also accusing them of valuing their animal too high are two diametrically opposed concepts.

This is one of the dumbest BOI threads I've read in a while and there have been some doozies recently.

Old 01-16-2015, 08:33 AM   #9
ElexisC
Ok because I was going to say if it was a pet store they buy at what we would pay usually, then sell for almost double to make their money, I can pick up a ball from a show for $20, pet stores want like $80. And I thought whole sale was cheaper? But either way that in no way warrants a post like this.

Old 01-16-2015, 09:07 AM   #10
TylerStewart
ReptMart isn't wholesale; it's their retail side, and there's no reason a "wholesaler" has to be half the retail price on a given animal. Pet stores have a lot of costs to stay in business, advertising, overhead, etc, so their animals will generally naturally be higher. Wholesalers that easily sell a lot of animals can also be higher because there's a large demand for animals from them. Timmy in his mid 30s selling leopard geckos from his parent's basement has a lot less options, so his prices will be lower.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!