new members, but need help - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-28-2004, 11:38 PM   #1
SSReptiles
new members, but need help

hey, I just got these two boa's. Male and female. The female has a RI (which is being taken care of). But with both of them, what type of boa's are they? Are they BCI, BCC?

Plus the male has more color to him then the rest of my normal boas. Strange that he is more carmal looking. I have a few pictures of them both.

first two pictures are of the male.
second two is the female.

Old 12-28-2004, 11:42 PM   #2
SSReptiles
sorry, pictures are not coming in. So I pasted a link to them.

http://forum.redtailboas.com/index.p...threadid=10726

Old 12-29-2004, 12:38 AM   #3
ms_terese
Stefanie,

They look like normal Colombians to me.

What do you know about their backgrounds? What did you buy them as?

Old 12-29-2004, 10:04 AM   #4
SSReptiles
Terese,
I bought them local. I saw a add for male and female boa's 6-7'. I called the guy the next day and asked for a set price. He wanted $300, but bought them for $250 due to that the female has a RI. I do mean a bad one
Her one nose is clogged (will be bathing her in good temp bath water). Both snakes smell really bad. Both male and female will be getting a bath. The female had a FEW eye caps on her right side, and i took me a while to soak her head with warm water. Yes, I finally got them off. She has beautiful eyes though She also looks a little dehydrated, but that's probably he being a little under weight due to her being sick for the past month. She's on bytrile for a month (shot every three days). I have had great results with peprocillion. But I don't know how much she should take. So I'm sticking with the stuff the vet gave them.
The owner is going to collage, and didn't have time for them. He wanted to sell them for the past few months. His father is scared of them, so he fed them in there cages, and no handling at all.
Well, I have these two snakes who are SO nice! They beg to get out and be handled.

Sorry for the long story. Just I'm so happy to have them here, and have great care for them. Both are clean (no mites, no ticks). Soon as I know what I'm doing with them. I'm going to sell the male I have had for a while, and keep the male I just got. If not, I'll sell this male really cheap, and to work on my own male I have now. If you know anyone who wants a male 6 feet and about 15 pounds, I'll sell them this male I just got.

Anyway, that's all I know about them...lol. I type to much.....

Old 12-29-2004, 10:52 AM   #5
ms_terese
Good luck getting them healthy, they're definitely good looking snakes. If they were housed together, make sure you keep an eye on that male to make sure he isn't in the beginning stages of an RI himself.

Old 12-29-2004, 10:59 AM   #6
SSReptiles
No, the two are housed seporatly. The female is in a "Special" cage to get her better. The male is a heavy breather, but I haven't seen any signs of an RI. The female is in bad shape though. Everytime she moves, you can hear her whistling.

Old 12-29-2004, 12:03 PM   #7
ms_terese
You might consider putting a small amount of eucalyptus oil in a small container inside her enclosure. It sounds odd, but it really will help her decongest.

I assumed you were keeping them separately, I was referring to the original owner...if he kept them together, you'll have to watch the male closely.

Old 12-29-2004, 12:45 PM   #8
SSReptiles
yeah, the owner had them together, but when they found out that she stopped eating and started to ct weird, they took the male out, and put him at a friends house for the time being.
where can I get that stuff? how much, and if she licks this stuff, will it harm her? Or if she moves all over it?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!