Egg Bound? Please Help! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-09-2015, 03:36 PM   #1
Minkness
Egg Bound? Please Help!

I have noticed one of my females (who has never been placed with a male) has a rather round tummy and I can see egg shaped things but can't tell if this is her ovulating, egg bound , or possibly fatty liver disease.

Temps are good
Humidity is good
I don't use substrate so not compaction
I feed superworms, dubia roaches, and wax worms
I use repashy calcium plus
Moist hide I have the hole on top to prevent bugs getting in it and use eco earth.

She seems off her food sometimes and starving other times. Bowl movements are normal however. I have had her for 2 years now and got her from VERY reputable breeders. I noticed her full belly about 2 weeks ago but figured she was full or may lay blanks (something another female of mine did who was in with a male before I could tell the difference but she's fine and not showing these symptoms and also hasn't been with the male in 2 years)

I think I covered everything and will hopefully will get people's opinions. My biggest concern is that while her body seems fat, her tail isn't vet large in comparison to the other leos I have as well and maintain the same way.

I uploaded to imgur and included a mouth shot because I believe you can see calcium sacs but I'm not pro enough to know the difference. If you different pics, just let me know.

http://m.imgur.com/1h7K0y9,RmAZ400,LtCVG1Q

Old 02-10-2015, 04:25 AM   #2
geckomania
Everyone has their opinions but i don't like giving them superworms. Giants are the largest. If you leave a small calcium dish, they will get what they need. I would check in another 2 weeks if she lays eggs. By week 5-6 if the eggs haven't been laid, then I would have someone check her. Hope this is some help.

Old 02-10-2015, 04:34 AM   #3
Minkness
Oh? Why not supers?

Also, this helped if only by giving me a time frame. I'd hate to wait too long. =/

Old 02-10-2015, 04:43 AM   #4
geckomania
I don't give them because they are evil worms that have a bigger bite. Like I said, it's personal opinion. As longs as her tail doesn't get super skinny, you will be ok. They tend to slow down when they are gravid, but still eat. A photo her belly would help the pros here. They will have eggs either way, with or without a male. Just make sure calcium dish and food is ready so she can recover from laying.

Old 02-10-2015, 04:49 AM   #5
Minkness
I linked the pics at the bottom through imgur

Old 02-10-2015, 04:53 AM   #6
geckomania
i can't tell. she looks healthy. any other gecko people willing the help him out?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!