Help !!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-03-2015, 10:29 AM   #1
armanilandrin
Help !!!

I am new to leopard gecko breeding. One of my females laid one dud egg and the next day she laid one that looks good. I put the egg in a reptibator incubator. My question is, what humidity should the display say?

Old 02-03-2015, 11:02 AM   #2
iBaman
this is classifieds only..i'd move to the discussion side....

Old 02-03-2015, 11:11 AM   #3
hhmoore
Moved to the discussion forum - please be more careful about where you place your posts, Armani...you seem to make a habit of posting discussion topics in the classifieds. (You might find that they just get removed, if that continues.)

Old 02-03-2015, 02:18 PM   #4
snowgyre
Hi Armani. I'll be honest with you, I've never actually used a humidity gauge and I've successfully hatched hundreds of eggs. If your substrate is adequately moistened and your incubation container is adequately sealed, the humidity of the incubator itself is actually meaningless. Reptile eggs are also very good at telling you if they need moisture. They will start deflating if they dehydrate. However, given that the other egg was a dud, there is a chance this egg is infertile. If that is so, the egg will deflate on its own in about a week and then rot. A healthy egg may deflate, but will become turgid again with the addition of moisture.

And, as always, never get water directly on the egg or it can drown.

Old 02-03-2015, 02:20 PM   #5
armanilandrin
Wow. Do you think that the egg is infertile even if she was with one of my male geckos for a week?

Old 02-03-2015, 02:22 PM   #6
snowgyre
It could be. You'll find out in a week.

Old 02-03-2015, 02:23 PM   #7
armanilandrin
That's kind of depressing. Lol. I'm a first time breeder so I was really excited

Old 02-03-2015, 02:37 PM   #8
snowgyre
Don't worry! This is the first clutch of many. You'll probably get 4-5 more clutches from her, laid about every 2-3 weeks. If you carefully lift her up you can see the eggs developing through the thin skin of her belly. Keep reintroducing the male. If she doesn't accept his advances in the first 5 minutes, separate them. When leopard geckos want to mate they generally don't mess around! The deed is done in about a minute, lol.

Old 02-03-2015, 02:38 PM   #9
armanilandrin
Lol. Thank you very much for your help.

Old 02-03-2015, 02:39 PM   #10
snowgyre
No problem! And congrats on your first clutch, it certainly is exciting!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!