Hey guys, need help with my woma... she got cold - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-19-2012, 05:19 PM   #11
keeperwang
Thanks for all your suggestion~ I did not clarify the details.
I got her from a seller here, and he sent the snake to me without good heating bag, so the snake arrived in cold condition while the outside environment was only 40. When I opened the package, she had the signs: signifiant amount of extra fluid in her mouth and nose, breathed with her mouth, ect. So I gave her a shower (warm water, not very hot) after she got used to the room temp and put her warm cage for two days (belly heat 100 and air temp 90). After one week she seems recovered and the signs shown before "had gone", so I thought she was OK, and then keep with the normal condition as other snakes. But as I rethink the days now I find that she actually did not 100% recover by that time: I did see she sometimes "cough" but since that was not a everyday thing and she fed well so I ignored it... but now I realized that was a big mistake.
So her cage air temp was around 75-85, belly heat is around 100, humidity is 30%. Heat source is zoomed heat pad, substrate I use newspaper

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!