Eastern/Western Diamondback ID - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-11-2007, 10:42 PM   #11
jsrocket
Reference this. Yearling WDB. Completely capable of costing you fingers.

Old 11-12-2007, 12:23 AM   #12
AcidFreeze
Jim Ritchie

You should go somewhere else. Go play with your cobras. I SIMPLY NEEDED INFO NOT ( POOP, CRAP, FECES, ect ) FROM A PENIS now P L E A S E go play elsewhere.
Some People .

Old 11-12-2007, 12:40 AM   #13
Tim Cole
That's enough!

Greg,
Get yourself a real fieldguide and throw out the bird/snake guide which does not have accurate photos portraying our native snakes. The information you asked for is readily available in any good book or website. You should probably have researched this better before posting on this site. Your language to Jim wasn't any better than his to you.

Jim,
You are not helping with the attitude. If we can respond in a professional manner, we might educate someone. Or they may just go away and let the thread die when they realize how elementary the discussion is.

I agree that we do need to police ourselves and others interested in keeping venomous snakes but calling them to the mat right away is going to cause our advice to fall on deaf ears.

Old 11-13-2007, 05:13 AM   #14
jsrocket
You're half right, Tim. (IMHO) Calling someone out like I did was not a friendly gesture, and could well turn someone off, when they could have been helped. I am not against helping people with a desire to learn.

But, I am not willing to give handling and husbandry advice to someone who has obviously not bothered to do even the most basic research. With a potentially deadly force, I expect a certain level of responsibility. Responsibility which is clearly lacking here. Telling this guy to either do his homework, or stop owning rattlesnakes is the biggest favor I could do for him. Not that it would probably make a difference

This person's mind will not be changed. But, maybe other people will read this, and rethink the idea of owning a venomous reptile. It is a very dedicated endeavor, not something you just do, and then ask questions on a reptile forum.

Old 11-13-2007, 06:07 AM   #15
AcidFreeze
Lightbulb The Light

"Wow" your right. 191. What was I thinking; asking for trivial information and assistance on a forum.
Huhh "who would have thunk it"

Silly me
__________________________________________________ ______________
Greg Ville

Old 12-06-2007, 05:53 AM   #16
AcidFreeze
256 Hmmm. Well after some more search and study; size as well as more dominant white with black stripes on the tail seems to be the answer to my original question.

Thanx for the bad experience with those who chose to be arrogant rather then giving a positive helping hand.

_______________---------------------___________________-----------------------

Greg Ville.

Old 12-06-2007, 05:59 AM   #17
AcidFreeze
I forgot. My bad. Thanks Clay, and Harold; you are what keeps this place ticking.

Old 12-09-2007, 09:39 AM   #18
fishmich
i dont visit this forum too often but thought id check it out today and i just came across this forum.
acidfreeze, you shouldnt take so much offense to what has been said here. people who have been keeping venomous snakes for many years have seen manay changes in the laws involving venomous snakes mostly due to people who get into the hobby without the proper knowledge. you have to understand that people are very protective and dont want to lose their right to do something they have worked very hard for. you should know that saying you keep a certain species and then asking how to tell the difference between that and another species is going to raise some red flags. also keep in mind that if you dont act like a high school kid in your responses, you will earn a lot more respect and people will be more willing to help. good luck to you and your snakes. an atrox is nothing to just keep because it is cool. even at that size, it is dangerous and an adult can be a very overwhelming force to be reckoned with. id like to say again that you have to expect some criticism from the venomous community when you dont have the basic knowledge you should have years before obtaining the species.
just out of curiosity, did you purchase the snakes from someone in michigan?

Old 12-09-2007, 09:55 AM   #19
fishmich
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmich
to add to this question, was it from somewhere in the flint area perhaps? feel free to respond in pm form if you like. also how do you know they are 1.1, did you probe them, are you guessing based on bodily characteristics, or were you just told thats what they were?

Old 12-24-2007, 11:47 PM   #20
AcidFreeze
Nope

"Nope" to the Where question ( just out of curiosity, did you ); as for any of the other questions - I will never respond due to ridiculous scrutinisers who would rather pointlessly argue rather then helping others on a positive manner. Even though I've been tinkering around with herps for quite some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmich
i dont visit this forum too often but thought id check it out today and i just came across this forum.
acidfreeze, you shouldnt take so much offense to what has been said here. people who have been keeping venomous snakes for many years have seen manay changes in the laws involving venomous snakes mostly due to people who get into the hobby without the proper knowledge. you have to understand that people are very protective and dont want to lose their right to do something they have worked very hard for. you should know that saying you keep a certain species and then asking how to tell the difference between that and another species is going to raise some red flags. also keep in mind that if you dont act like a high school kid in your responses, you will earn a lot more respect and people will be more willing to help. good luck to you and your snakes. an atrox is nothing to just keep because it is cool. even at that size, it is dangerous and an adult can be a very overwhelming force to be reckoned with. id like to say again that you have to expect some criticism from the venomous community when you dont have the basic knowledge you should have years before obtaining the species.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!