Minimum Breeding Weight for a Gopher Snake? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 02-15-2021, 07:46 PM   #1
ZuriB
Minimum Breeding Weight for a Gopher Snake?

I have 700g females I know are fine to breed but I have a 400 grams female I suspect would breed in the wild but she still seems a little on the smaller side for me. I figured maybe that's due to me comparing her to my larger females but I was planning on giving her another year of growth before breeding her.

What weights do you all use as a guideline for breeding them?

Old 02-17-2021, 07:44 AM   #2
ZuriB
Nobody in here knows this?

Old 02-17-2021, 05:35 PM   #3
chrisis697
I would give her the yr off personally. I also feel it has to do with age as much as weight. My general rule with my females is 3yrs as long as they have the weight.
It would be a shame to breed ur girl & she get egg bound cause she to small to pass the eggs. Good luck man

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!