Corn snake identification help - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Genetics, Taxonomy, Hybridization

Notices

Genetics, Taxonomy, Hybridization General discussions about the science of genetics as well as the ever changing face of taxonomy. Issues concerning hybridization are welcome here as well.

Old 06-24-2013, 05:01 PM   #1
kalderak
Corn snake identification help

I'm a pretty avid lurker here on FC as I've never really had cause to post anything, but something just kind of fell into my lap that I wanted some better-informed opinions on.

First of all, corns are not really my thing. I know basic information and morphs, that's it. I keep Western Hognose, BPs, and BCIs, so hopefully you can understand and appreciate the gap in my education here...

But, long story short, I was told that this female corn is a "dark red amel motley who gives me a little stripey baby in every clutch". I was hoping someone with better terminology could perhaps expand on that a bit.

Here's a photo:
Attached Images

Old 08-12-2013, 07:02 PM   #2
sndavis93
It is hard to tell. At first I thought it was definitely a stripe but there is a motley pattern under it...could we see pictures of the belly? I'm thinking it might be a bloodred/diffused pattern.

Old 09-10-2013, 07:02 PM   #3
sndavis93
Definitely not Amel. Has black eyes

Old 09-16-2013, 08:23 PM   #4
WingedSweetheart
Normal striped motley is my guess.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!