For Sale Adult male ivory sulcata tortoise (with some bonus content) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Turtles/Tortoises

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2023, 10:16 PM   #1
nickolasanastasiou
Adult male ivory sulcata tortoise (with some bonus content)

Adult male ivory sulcata tortoise

His name is Ivan (aka Crazy Ivan).

~the sire to our paradox ivory project~

Fife line (produced by Richard Fife originally; I have had him since 2015 when I flew across the continent to get him and brought him back in one uninterrupted drive, which was simultaneously hellish and majestically scenic)

22" scl

His left upper beak has a sort of scarred area from a raccoon attack years ago. The raccoon was located and promptly dispatched to the hereafter for his crime. His functionality when feeding is perfectly unimpeded by the scarred area.

This male, together with a specific het for ivory female, yield our paradox ivory sulcata tortoise offspring. Some are barely flecked and grow one ray from it. Others are speckled and smattered at birth/hatching and have ray development rivaling some radiated tortoises. We have also found sometimes unmarked ivories from this pairing develop paradox markings as they grow. It was already observed before this that we would have some additional de novo rays develop with growth compared to the number of rays/spots present at hatching, but the de novo ray development on previously unmarked ivories from this pairing is new information.

4500 if meeting up quasi-locally to me

I suppose shipping would be possible, but that would cost (the buyer) a lot (I will say 300) and then I would expect the form of payment to be Zelle if I am shipping. I am much more inclined to have him picked up by the buyer.

A regular adult male ivory would run around 2.5k to 3k and some special individuals have gone for more. This guy has a premium for his potential when it comes to the paradox morph.

He is an aggressive breeder. I am only considering parting with him to make future room for his son (a paradox ivory). He does not need to go for years, but I am giving myself a head start on the process.

Eats grasses, weeds, hays, curcubits, and whatever else I feel like feeding (tortoise mommies in Facebook groups, please feel free to throw a fit if you like; your fake rules are really mental shackles you place on yourselves).

Email only for discussion. It is part of how my records are kept in order.

nickolasanastasiou@yahoo.com

See the following condensed ad for various other relevant links:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=782529
Attached Images

Contact User Check User
Old 12-24-2023, 08:07 AM   #2
nickolasanastasiou
Some additional photos of the face and one of his paradox ivory son (the son is not available).
Attached Images

Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread