Inquiry Gecks Etc? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-11-2012, 12:39 AM   #1
bobtard
Gecks Etc?

Looking for some feedback on Geckos Etc. Considering making a purchase from them.

Old 01-11-2012, 01:36 AM   #2
EvergladesExotics
I have worked with Steve on a few occasions and have purchased several animals from him. He is a great guy with really nice stock. I wouldnt hesitate to purchase from him again and I have heard nothing but good things of him as well.

Old 01-11-2012, 03:18 AM   #3
Wild West Reptile
If your going to buy from one of the "Big 3" as I call them, Geckos etc. won't disappoint. I've bought from them a couple different times and their animals are very healthy. The only thing I've found that's not great about them is that his geckos generally take quite a bit longer to start eating. I think it's because they come from a huge facility and don't get much human contact. If your going to put them in a tub, it's better…but if your planning on putting them in a large tank, they are going to be really tripped out from the change. Just my experience, don't let it scare you away. Once they start eating though, they are awesome eaters. Steve's knowledge is great and he is easy to work with.

Old 01-11-2012, 05:42 AM   #4
ozz465
Same here , Bought a pair of knobtails last years at the pomona reptile show and they were in great condition and health , i would recommend them to everyone.

Old 01-11-2012, 10:47 AM   #5
Kristi23
Steve is a great guy with beautiful, healthy geckos.

Old 01-11-2012, 08:14 PM   #6
raptorfrog
I can also confirm he is a great guy with great quality animals.

Chris

Old 01-12-2012, 01:05 AM   #7
Golden Gate Geckos
Steve and Debbie Sykes of Geckos, Etc. are top notch breeders, and darned nice folks. We have had many buy/sale/trade transactions with each other over the years, and hope to do many more!

Old 01-12-2012, 09:24 AM   #8
kkiggins
I agree with Chris, Steve is among the best of the best. I also agree that his animals take a long time to begin eating, but I don't think it's because of his volume, I think it has more to do with age. Most of his geckos are WELL started, many of them are a year old or more. Adults will typically take longer to acclimate, and I've noticed this with the animals I've bought. This last purchase included an 11 month old Fat-tail and a 16 month old RAPTOR, both of which took a long time to begin eating. However, in that same order, I received a 6 month old Mack Snow, and she's a champ, maybe taking 2 weeks before she began eating. My previous orders from Steve were also older animals, and took longer.

As far as quality, his geckos are top-notch, heavy bodied and colorful, and his customer service is as good as it gets.

Keith Kiggins

Old 01-13-2012, 12:25 AM   #9
philipsteel
Steve is one off the nicest breeder's I have ever met. He does not hesitate to answer any questions you man have and tells it how it is.

Top notch recommendation for sure.

Old 01-13-2012, 02:33 AM   #10
JC Puds
yep Steve is in the top 3 gecko sellers around!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!