Breeding pics of some Solomon Island Ground boas (Candoia c. paulsoni). - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Rosy, Sand, Ground Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-19-2013, 05:57 PM   #1
EPICRATES
Breeding pics of some Solomon Island Ground boas (Candoia c. paulsoni).

Caught my two male 'dirty' Isabels courting a gray female.
Attached Images

Old 03-20-2013, 11:27 AM   #2
Monkey Tails Canada
Wow there beautiful!!! Im very jealous!!!
I wish I could work with this species! There very rare in Canada.
Wish you the best with some babys!! Keep us updated would love to see more pics!!!

Old 03-20-2013, 02:33 PM   #3
EPICRATES
Candoia

Thanks Daniel. I'm excited as this will be my 1st breeding of this sp. Its taken me 2 yrs to put this group together. I'm starting my frog hatchery for the baby boas now lol.

Jay

Old 03-20-2013, 02:54 PM   #4
Monkey Tails Canada
I'm also excited for you!

Old 03-20-2013, 02:59 PM   #5
Monkey Tails Canada
Is your group a pure isabel locality? Or is the female a different island type?
I know with my solomon island skinks pure locality's are very rare!

Old 03-20-2013, 04:07 PM   #6
EPICRATES
Candoia

It's hard to say as most of my group consisting of 5.4 are from different sources. As far as I know, the Isabels are restricted to that specific island, but I'm not 100% sure.

Jay

Old 03-20-2013, 09:31 PM   #7
Monkey Tails Canada
Cool thanks for getting back!
You have a nice large group that's awesome!!

There's only one guy in Canada that I know working with Candoia.
Really wish there where more. Your a very lucky guy!!

Old 03-21-2013, 01:02 AM   #8
Helenthereef
Congratulations! Hope it works out well. How long do you expect to leave them together?

I'm actually in the Solomon Islands right now, but diving not trekking so haven't been able to see any in the wild....

Old 03-21-2013, 01:18 AM   #9
Helenthereef
Just for fun, here are a couple of photos of a carved pillar here on Guadalcanal Island, Solomons. The boa is quite accurate really - if you can see these in sufficient details, the markings are really similar to your snakes .
Attached Images

Old 03-21-2013, 10:31 AM   #10
snowgyre
Man Helen, I'm jealous! I almost went to Fiji in 2006 on my trip to New Zealand but I'm glad I didn't.... the week we were thinking about visiting was when that military coup went down.

Does anybody know who works with Candoia in the states? They certainly are fascinating critters.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
candoia