Barrs cages? Inquiry about cages and service. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-04-2004, 09:24 PM   #1
Sunshines2day
Barrs cages? Inquiry about cages and service.

Okay , so now I'm deciding on BARRS. My search revealed good feedback form Oct 2003. How about a update?

Any comments about their cages? I'm needing the 36" x 20" x 12" for Brazilian Rainbow Boas. I'll have to install my own flewatt.

Any comments?

Thanks,
Linda Misch

Old 10-04-2004, 09:55 PM   #2
gila7150
I own a couple of their arboreal cages and they are really nice. I bought mine at the Daytona Expo and they were very friendly and helpful. They even set me up with keyed locks since the cages were being used to house venomous snakes.

They've been around for quite a while and have a good reputation.

Old 10-04-2004, 10:05 PM   #3
Mark and Aimee
We have 12 cages and 2 deli cup displays from BARRS/herpcages.com.

They're awesome! The customer service that accompanies a purchase is second to none. When I ordered my deli cup displays, they were shipped out the SAME DAY.

Old 10-05-2004, 01:25 AM   #4
CyberSerpents
I have quite a few of the BARRS cages, 8 of the 3'x2'x1' cages you are thinking about. They are very good quality, precision built cages. As for heating, I use the Ultratherm mats that the Bean Farm sells. They fit great and are priced right also.

Dean Mayfield

Old 10-05-2004, 01:50 AM   #5
cyberfrog
I have 10 different Barrs enclosures, some I've had for years, all are still perfect. Doug Barr is a really good guy and he once did me a favor by holding cages for me at a show with no deposit before he ever met me.
Adam

Old 10-05-2004, 07:44 AM   #6
Tim Rash
I bought 12 custom arboreal cages from Doug at one time. He told me I would have them in 2 weeks, needless to say I had them in about a week after ordering them. I love my cages and highly recommend BARRS. You can't beat his prices, quality and customer service.
Thanks, Tim Rash

Old 10-05-2004, 11:34 AM   #7
Jeff Hardwick
Doug does fine custom work also and I really prefer the acrylic plastics over PVC sheet.
There's a good reason that he's backlogged!
Jeff Hardwick

Old 10-05-2004, 01:30 PM   #8
Bill S.
Great cages abd service!

I have four BARRS cages and will probably get another one soon.

I love them. Plus, Doug's service is excellent -- I've ordered four different times and each time the delivery was within a couple weeks.

Highly recommended all around.

Bill Szymanski

Old 10-05-2004, 02:17 PM   #9
Sherry Howell
Barrs caging

We have several of Doug's racks and cages. His customer service is tops and we really like the quality of the cages and racks we have received from him.

Sherry Howell
Reptiliacs

Old 10-05-2004, 05:06 PM   #10
Steve Craig
Excellent service

I just orderd four 24x12 barrs cages, which gives me a total of eight that I have from doug. I orderd on a weekend and they were at my house by the next Friday. Excellent quality, great price, outstanding customer support.

Steve Craig

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!