Thanks and holy eggies batman - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-09-2006, 04:47 PM   #1
saltwaterreptiles
Thanks and holy eggies batman

First and foremost, thanks to the many of you who have sent words of kindness to me and mine since my Mom's passing, It really means so much to me when people reach out to each other, many times, perfect strangers, and offer a word of kindness or support.

Here is a picture of my Mom taken last summer at my sisters wedding, it was one of the happiest times of her life and I was really looking forward to her sharing in my wedding day this summer, I know she will be there with us when Dee and I exchange our vows, but I only wish I could hug her at the end of the day....

Now, on to other things...

While we were home my leos were busy, we now have around 30 or so eggs in the inucbator, and should have our first bell hets for our hybino project hatching out over the next couple of weeks, we also have some tangs cooking as well as bell/blizzard hets for my blazing project. Should be a very exciting little while for us coming up! Our two female bells are also now ready to be bred, just need to give out male a little R&R for a while before we get going on those.

As an aside, our fatties have been busy as well, we now have two hatchlings and should have more very soon. Its nice to have that room full of scalies to retreat to thats for sure!

Again, thanks so much for all the support.... my posts from now on should be full of excitment and pics of wee ones running around tubs!

Old 01-09-2006, 05:15 PM   #2
Sauradon
I'm sorry for the loss of your mother, she's in a better place. Congrats on the wedding and the eggs, may your season be a good one .

Old 01-09-2006, 07:47 PM   #3
KelliH
That's great news on the leos! Your mom was a lovely lady. Although you will always miss her, the pain of your loss will lessen a bit over time. I'm glad you are doing well.

Old 01-09-2006, 09:14 PM   #4
nwheat
Thanks for posting the picture of your Mom, Cory. And again, I'm so sorry!

Wow, you've got lots of eggs already!! Mine are off to a slow start & most won't be old enough to pair up for several months! Can't wait to see your hatchlings!!

Old 01-09-2006, 11:20 PM   #5
Jeremy Letkey
Cory, thanks for sharing the picture of your mother. I'm sure that she will be just as happy on the day that you and Dee say your, I do's.

As for the eggs, I'm jealous!! You have more cooking than I do.

Old 01-10-2006, 08:50 AM   #6
raiquee
Good job Cory on the eggs! I just recently started pairing leos up, so i am still on "the wait list" for eggs

We are all glad your back with us to share your passion of geckos

Old 01-10-2006, 10:41 AM   #7
groovygeckos
Hey Cory, Sounds good, youre doing pretty well with the eggs. I havent even seen the first one yet. LOL

Old 01-10-2006, 10:49 AM   #8
saltwaterreptiles
lol.... yeah, the eggs just started and kept on coming.... was surprised actually, I had a couple of females that I wasn't even sure WERE gravid, they are BIG girls and I could tell if I was seeing folicles or eggs until around 3-4 days before they laid.

I am VERY excited about the eggs laid by my tangs that are part of my Bell Hybino project, the females are smokers and the male is a pretty impressive beastie as well... the first clutch was laid Dec 2nd and they are being incubated at 85-86 degrees, so time is drawing near!

And thanks for the Mom comments folks

Old 01-10-2006, 01:40 PM   #9
USAGECKOS
Hey Cory,

Your Mom looks like she was one Spunky Lady! You can tell just by loking at her. I bet she brought a lot of joy and Happy times to all those who knew her.

Congrats on your eggs/babies! Sounds like you have some neat projects this year, should be lots of fun!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!