Opinions on Boa Breeding Racks/Cages - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 07-25-2013, 11:17 AM   #1
Celtic Constrictors
Question Opinions on Boa Breeding Racks/Cages

I have been doing some research on which cages/racks to get for my adult female colombian boas. Before I pull the trigger and make the purchase I would like input from other Boa breeders/collectors as to what their preference is.

Any input is appreciated.

Evan S.

Old 07-26-2013, 07:35 PM   #2
Kristi23
I'd like to hear from others about this as well.

Old 07-26-2013, 07:43 PM   #3
Celtic Constrictors
I've been patiently waiting, Kristi. Just no takers. Ideally the sterilite 74 quart unserved boxes would be utilized but there's only one rack builder I've seen that makes one to fit these.

I've priced the XPVC and other materials and it doesn't seem economical to build my own. If I use melamine it'll weigh a million pounds.

Anyone? Any ideas? I know freedom breeder makes an awesome large rack for adult female boas but it's WAY out of my price range (3-4k)

Old 07-26-2013, 07:44 PM   #4
Celtic Constrictors
That's underbed boxes. Auto-corrected...

Old 07-27-2013, 01:07 AM   #5
suzuki4life
ARS are nicer than freedom Breeder.

However the idea of making a suitable rack for a bci which can exceed 10 feet from 74 quart tubs is a bad idea and cruel.

Bush herp(Neodesha now NPI) also made rack you can look for used.

If racks are out of your budget then build good ole fashion cages and give the animals proper care/space.

I have Freedom Breeder, Royalance, ARS and Bush Herp racks in use.

Old 07-27-2013, 05:06 PM   #6
Celtic Constrictors
This is the information I was looking for. I've never heard of Royalance. I don't live too far from Neodesha, KS so that would also be a viable option for me. I don't particularly care for the Neodesha design but I have seen them in person and they're large and solid.

Old 07-27-2013, 06:12 PM   #7
suzuki4life
I bought a bush herp rack on kingsnake that the guy and his buddies were convinced it was an old version of freedom breeder.

Old 07-27-2013, 06:16 PM   #8
Celtic Constrictors
I've noticed a large lack of interest in herpetology in my home state of Oklahoma. Not too many local sellers of equipment or animals. Bob Clark and Jeff Byers are only miles away but Retics aren't my cup of tea.

Wish Craigslist had a few more used racks and stuff. >=/

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
boa, breeder, breeding, cage, rack