Ball Python Neurological Problems? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-17-2007, 11:22 PM   #1
Elfmaze
Ball Python Neurological Problems?

One of my balls, a two year old CB female is exibiting some odd behaviors. She has never been a very outgoing exploritive snake. But we have been watching her lately and she has some wierd behaviors. She likes to rub her nose on everything even when shes not in a shed cycle and she also likes to corkscrew and tie her self into knots. its a constant behavior.

We have also been haivng problems with the other balls missing there strikes a lot.

Obviously worried about a contagious disease but could she just have a mental problem?

Old 06-18-2007, 01:31 AM   #2
LadyOhh
This may just be a neurological problem. This has been seen in other Ball Pythons before.

Has she just been exhibiting these behaviors, or is this an ongoing thing?

Old 06-18-2007, 11:31 AM   #3
rabernet
Have you added any new additions to your collection within the last month? If so, what are your quarantine procedures?

Old 06-18-2007, 12:34 PM   #4
Seamus Haley

Vet.

Nobody- and I do mean nobody... can diagnose an animal sight unseen based on a highly subjective description of sypmtoms as posted on a message board. Anyone who'd be qualified to offer a worthwhile opinion about an animal's potential health issues is responsible enough to know that they can't do it like that. There are many potential causes for a given symptom and without seeing it, live and in person, it's not something anyone can nail down properly.

Anyone willing to try is either irresponsible or completely unqualified to offer an opinion to begin with. Or generally a little of both.

Old 06-18-2007, 03:10 PM   #5
LadyOhh
Touch'e, Seamus.

I agree.

Old 06-18-2007, 05:43 PM   #6
Elfmaze
I don't know if it warents a $80 vet visit though, she functions normally, still eats fine and shes growing, admitidly a bit slow but steadly. she just likes to twist.....

Old 06-18-2007, 05:50 PM   #7
Miss Tuniwha
If she is twisting.. it warrants a vet visit!!! that is my thoughts. WHAT IF??

It could just be a fluke with her, but what if it is something more serious like IBD?

(no I am not saying this is what it is, just that there is a possibility that it could be serious)

I would take it to a DIFFERENT vet. 80$ is high, so call around.

But take her in!

Old 06-18-2007, 05:52 PM   #8
Elfmaze
ok i'll look into it

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!