Rescue ready for home but how do I do that? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-10-2009, 07:51 PM   #1
bokuza
Rescue ready for home but how do I do that?

Hi Guys,
I rescued a female bearded dragon and now shes ready for a home. But how do I go about dong that?

I cannot let her go for free in my area of Arizona. Its filled with scum bags and I just know shell end up some 3 yr olds toy or a hoarders breeding bitch.
I cant give her items away with her, Im borrowing them (or renting) from a really nice reptile store. They were kind enough to let me take them with a deposit. I think I want to give her to a members of Fauna but again, I dont really know what to charge or not to charge? What if I bring her to the Phx Reptile Show? Do you think anyone there would be able to love on her?

Shes about 12 inches now, age is unknown but shes still growing and very juvenile like still. Shes pretty spunky and eats everything in site. You have to be sure anything bright colored she can get a hold of is actually food and not something that can hurt her. Here are some cute photos of the little gobble monster:

Old 11-13-2009, 10:30 PM   #2
Gina Gauvin
Thumbs up

Hi Tesla, I saw that band last week! =) That's great she found you, and it looks like you've done a great job getting her back in shape! She's adorable! I agree you cannot give her away, because she will not be appreciated.
Right now, the market for beardies is flooded so it may or may not be easy to place. If it's hard to place you can see if there's a local rescue that would take her if you get desperate.
But in my opinion you should be able to charge at least a $50.-$75. rehoming fee, and if someone wants her shipped, it's easy to go thru shipyourreptiles.com. But the buyer should pay for shipping also. But try placing her in your local papers or craigslist.
Christmas is next month and I know I always get lot's of inquiries for beardies as presents so she should go by then.
Good luck!

Old 11-14-2009, 06:13 PM   #3
bokuza
Thanks Gina!
I plan on keeping her until she does find a home, no rescues. :P <3
Im going to post her for adoption on Fauna for $50 with shipping optional.

Thanks for the advice!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!