3 juvi dragons :C - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-05-2009, 09:41 PM   #1
bokuza
3 juvi dragons :C

If any of you have read, Ive been doing research for possibly adopting a herps. My actual date of buying one of my choice was way off into the future.

Well...today I ended up with 3 juvi bearded dragons. Long story short, I walked into a Mom & Pop feed store for dog chow and saw 3 dragons in a tiny critterceeper under a desk lamp. I left after buying my dogs food and asking a few questions. Then came back and TA DA! I came home with 3 babes but there wasnt a fee of any kind for them.

I managed to scrounge up a few things in the past hour:
36L x 18T x 15 1/2D tank
Small Crickets
Fluker Orange Cricket Feed
Fluklers Calcium and Vitamins D3
Juvi Bearded Dragon Kibble
Meters
Rocks, Logs, Bowls
NewsPaper Substrate
Red Basking Light (I really dont know for sure), heat emitter , long uvb uva lights

Ive dusted a handful of crickets, each dragon has eaten 3-4 each.
I dont know how old they are or where they came from. Guesses?
They arent fighting but I do plan on separating them in the future.
They are all shedding. I didnt get a chance to take individual photos, all 3 conked out after eating and I imagine they are just exhausted.
The gradient is only 80f to 75 f. The tank top allows the heat escape easily, is thee anything I can for that? Should I buy larger lamps or stronger bulbs? Im trying to get a shopping list together for them. :C

Old 11-15-2009, 02:58 AM   #2
angie.h
Hi Tesla...saw 3 babies +couldn't resist,eh? Well,first off,a basking ares of about 105 is mandatory,they will quickly go down hill w/out it.The cool end of cage should be 75-80.GET RID of the red bulb...they need a BRIGHT light,very very important for their well-being,can't be stressed enough.You can use house hold bulbs,many people don't understand but this is correct,if you have a good 5.0 or 10.0 zoo-med flourescent uvb then a household bulb of appropriate wattage is adequate for heat.I have done that way for 16 years,and other breeders do as well.The reflector for your heat should be aluminum,it throws a significantly greater amount of heat than the black ones with white underneath.

Old 11-15-2009, 03:07 AM   #3
angie.h
Oh,and they should be eating FAR more crix...let them eat as much as they want for 10-15 min.Shake the crix up in plastic or oatmeal container to coat them with a small amount of powder[don't put so much that the bugs turn white from coating]The hard shaking will stun the crix enabling the dragons to snap them up before half of them run for cover.Also feed turnip+mustard greens,very important.You said they fell asleep after eating,this may be due to the very low basking temp...a healthy baby basks after eating,or runs around like a little monster,not falls asleep.Hope they turn out O.K....I hate those useless red lights being sold....I wouldn't use a ceramic heat emitter either.Use more than one household bulb if needed for heat,the BRIGHT cage keeps the babies happy.

Old 11-15-2009, 03:41 AM   #4
bokuza
Thanks for the information Angie!
The two babies went to a permanitn stay at a vets. One of them is going to be a special needs dragon due to a stomach lining infection and the other one seems to be having issues with calcium levels being far too low no mater what is done. :C

The big girl is eating a motherland of crickets daily and greens, shes healthy as can be and looking for a new home.

The basking light was adjusted after I made the post, I ended up putting two normal house lights up and the basking hit around 110f.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!