Vote***financing Fauna***vote - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

View Poll Results: ***Funding Poll** What do YOU think is appropriate? (More than 1 OK)
A general use fee of $35/year, membership would be required to access site 18 8.33%
A membership fee of $10-25/yr. to access the BOI 32 14.81%
$35/yr. general membership fee but BOI/classified free 24 11.11%
Increased advertising fees and fees for all advertising 81 37.50%
I don't care 7 3.24%
If there were a membership fee, I would not visit Fauna 75 34.72%
I have no concept of economics, I did not realize it costs money to run a website like this 4 1.85%
After seeing how hard Webslave works to maintain this site, I want to help 38 17.59%
Increase fines 47 21.76%
I have other ideas for funding which I have listed below in my post. 26 12.04%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 216. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2005, 10:51 PM   #41
chondrogal
I like that the site has remained free, even for advertising and in appreciation ran this ad here recently:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=61821

I received two inquiries total as a direct result of this ad. I wound up working a trade offer plus $1100 cash. The buyer asked if I'd take $1k even (which was perfectly fair to ask!) and part of my response to him was:

>
> I got your email earlier, just couldn't respond till
> now. I really thought a lot about that extra $100,
> .... I really do want to support Fauna Classifed,
> and since trade is involved, I'd still like to
> contribute my pledge. And.... my hubby would still
> rather downsize and just outright sell them for
> "lots of money" so I would still be able to give him
> $1000 for expenses/bills etc. I've got a balancing
> act to pull off around here too.
>

So, the buyer responded positively and we sealed our deal and I'm committed to donating $100 upon completion of our deal. I thought this was a pretty cool way to help support this site.

I also support a yearly reasonable advertising members fee.

Old 01-28-2005, 10:54 PM   #42
John316
Actually Rich,
Without naming names I was thinking of a few of the well known members who evidently think that everyone enjoys their ramblings, put downs and childish name calling. It is obvious by their sheer number of posts and warning points that the BOI is an important part of their lives. Once again by lowering the warning points and raising the fine you can either get rid of the troublemakers and make your job easier or get paid for putting up with their bull.
The service you provide is very useful if one can manage to wade through the muck that always ends up cluttering an otherwise useful thread.

Old 01-28-2005, 11:28 PM   #43
DaveyFig
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sponsorship pages from the drop down menu line are now available for you to put in a graphic banner and short text description of your business or service provided. You can have your business presence presented to prospective customers at the click of a button on the drop down list for only $25 per year. This is a first come, first serve offering, whereby the first ones taking part in this special offer will get the premium positions at the top of the page. So don't delay!

Graphics logos are 120x60 pixels and can be in either JPG or GIF formats.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Furthermore, anyone interested in getting a listing for one year on the front page of the FaunaClassifieds.com site under the FEATURED SITES section can do so for only $25 per year.
I really feel that those who can afford to, or wish to are doing what they can to help the site already. I know $35 dollars is not a lot of money, only pennies a day, yadda yadda, but look at the price of advertising on the site. You can be listed on the featured site list for a year for only $25 dollars. If there aren't enough money making businesses that think that they would gain anything by advertising here, what makes people think that the average Joe is going to want to pay 35 dollars to look? The Big companies that make all the money wont even pay to get listed. Ok, some do, but if all of them thought it was proffitable and paid for the service, Fauna wouldn't be in the bind it is in now. The business side has to be impressed with the service for the hobbiests to follow suit.
I don't know what it would take to get all the big players to advertise here, but if that were done, Fauna wouldn't need the money from forum members. When the site benefits the sellers, sellers will advertise. When sellers advertise, dollars fly into Rich's pockets. When money is in Rich's pockets, he can pay the bills. When the bills are paid, Fauna doesn't have to ask for money from people who have a snake they want to sell.

Old 01-28-2005, 11:32 PM   #44
freezeframeplus
In general I agrre with this post:

Originally Posted by KelliH

I vote that all the forums, including the Board of Inquiry, remain free to read and post in, but that members must pay to post ads in the classifieds.

I am new to this area and was glad when I found Fauna. I've been enjoying it a lot and learned a lot! I think all forums should be free and members must give a percentage back when they made a sale from their classifieds on Fauna (like Ebay). I am not in posotion to pay/ contribute financialy at this time but sure will when I could. If I had to pay when I joined Fauna, I will probably skip it. But now (after less than 1 month) I know how good Fauna is, I am more than willing to chip in when I'm able.

Priscilla Neergaard

Old 01-28-2005, 11:32 PM   #45
Karen Hulvey
I think a general fee overall would not be a good idea. Here's why: I have read quite a few BOI threads where someone has posted 2 or 3 times to add to the legitimacy of the thread. That's all they posted. They only registered to post on that particular thread. If they had to pay, I doubt they would have added to a BOI thread.

Just my .02 cents worth.
Karen

Old 01-28-2005, 11:45 PM   #46
E2MacPets
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliH
I vote that all the forums, including the Board of Inquiry, remain free to read and post in, but that members must pay to post ads in the classifieds.
Disagree.

The classifieds section here still struggles to compete with KS. Charging for it will only diminish it further.

What I could see (which is probably not feasible to implement) would be charging to have your classified listings tied to a BOI post about you. Tied both ways.... so your Ads would have a link to the BOI thread about you, and your BOI thread would have an listing of your active ads. This would be of benefit to the 'good guys' who also actively support and promote Fauna, as it would serve to simultaneously enhance buyer confidence and promote their items.

Old 01-29-2005, 12:13 AM   #47
The Reptile House
I post adds in the classifieds, sometimes I do very well and sometimes I do not sell a thing, however if you look at alot of the classifieds sometimes people don't post new adds for 3 days on alot of sites. Some no post for 6 days and counting. I have noticed that it has really slowed down quite a bit in the classifieds especally( not just because of the season). To charge a fee to post in them is OK but we need to do something to increase these sites, get more people to post here at Fauna. I don't know just something that I have noticed. I also agree that the BOI needs to remain free. If there is going to be a charge for the classifieds I also think you should have alot more picture space than you are giving now so we do not have to post in the gallery and link it to our classifieds(example-in the forums when we post a pick to not have that affecetd by how many pics we can post in a classified since we can not modify or delete our forum pics(if that makes since)Keep that seperate if possible. If I am going to be charged to post in the classifieds I would want to be able to have a pic on my add. Shanell

Old 01-29-2005, 12:15 AM   #48
Dennis Hultman
Side Note

After voting take a little trip up to the Fauna Fund. It is just right at the top of the page. If you see something you just can’t live without, Bid! Or if you have something you just can’t stand looking at anymore put it up for auction.

The fund has been going for awhile. How about a little more participation.

I have already won two auctions. Get a little creative, have fun with site and support it!

Who knows what Lucille is going to put up next. LOL

Old 01-29-2005, 01:19 AM   #49
robin d.
Quote:
agreed and may for people who want over a certain limit on image galleries/// but i also agree with what monte has said in this..............
Quote:
. . isn't there some business model or consultant that Rich can use to help him with this? Why should you ask us? I think you are just asking for trouble.

I certainly don't mind paying for the BOI and I support Rich, but I think he has to decide what HE wants this site to be - and hire someone to help him figure out a way to increase revenue streams. Getting ideas from herp people seems a little pointless - esp. if you're shelling out as much dough as Rich is.

I don't know about you - but I don't get my teeth cleaned by my podiatrist and I don't go to a church led by my electrician. They may know about something about Feet and Jesus - but I want a trained person to help and guide me.
a professional consultant might be a good way as well... and i dont know what monte's second post was about but maybe i am missing something or he is talking to himself or thinking outloud LOL

Old 01-29-2005, 01:58 AM   #50
Peacemaker
Warning! Various plans at individuals choice!

Hi All:
I don't post a lot on here, but when I need to find out about something or someone this is where I come, and when I have something for sale I want to use the Fauna Classifieds so in light of this and being a reasonable person I think it should be left up to the individual as to what they want to spend to have what they need from the site. My idea of this would be to offer a group of plans to choose from.

Bronze Plan= $10.00 yearly for Bio's only!
Silver Plan= $25.00 yearly for Classifieds only!
Gold Plan = $35.00 yearly for Bio's and Classifieds combo!
Platinum Plan= $45.00 yearly for total Fauna use!

These are just my opinions and thoughts! Feel free to add to or take away from as you desire. I will be on Fauna reguardless!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread