SOLD!! SOLD-Young Adult (2020) Male Ackie Monitor 1.0.0 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Lizards For Sale/Wanteds > Monitors

Notices

Old 10-21-2021, 01:15 PM   #1
E.Shell
SOLD-Young Adult (2020) Male Ackie Monitor 1.0.0

SOLD

Thank you Liam!!

Hatch date August 29, 2020 - 14 months old this month.

Known male: I have seen him evert several times and he attempted to mate with a proven female who turned out to not be receptive at the time.

He is approximately 20" long, and a robust, very healthy guy with great, high-contrast markings, my prettiest yellow. If I didn't already have two males, he would stay here.

In addition to the baby yellows I have listed here, I have a bunch of baby reds coming (just hatched 8 and have 17 more behind them) and need the space, so I am trying to find a new home for him.

Eating large crickets, full-grown dubia and scrambled egg (vehicle for calcium and vitamins). For treats, he gets small pieces of raw chicken, raw chicken liver, raw ground beef, raw, well-rinsed shrimp and the occasional whole pink mouse.

I have had him since he was three weeks old and he just never grew to like being handled. He is not afraid, he just doesn't want to be picked up. I can touch him, stroke his chin, back and tail, feed him by hand or tweezers and he is fine. If I slide my fingers under him to pick him up, he tries to get away. He doesn't go into his many hides, he just avoids me picking him up and returns to whatever he was doing as soon as I remove my hand. I do get him out once in a while and although he doesn't like it, he doesn't try to bite and he calms down after a few minutes. If we sit in the sun, he will relax and go to sleep in my hands.

One flaw: The very tip, maybe the last 1/4"-3/8" of his tail was broken (tail-whipping as a very small guy) and did not heal straight. Otherwise a beautiful and perfect animal. It is barely noticeable and I can't seem to get a good pick of the tail with him at rest, but if you're interested in buying him and wish to see it, I will get him out for more pics.

**SOLD**

Price is $450.00 plus shipping.

I don't think I want any trades at this time, unless maybe a darker female red ackie. If you have something to offer, say so and we'll discuss it.

I am located in central Maryland, AA county near BWI airport. I would much prefer local pickup and I am willing to meet within about 1 hour of BWI, possibly further if headed toward Cambridge, where I spend a lot of time, or out toward Boonsboro, where I visit friends.

Shipping is through ShipYourReptiles and packages will go out through the Linthicum, MD FedEx hub. I can get shipping quoted for us if you provide your zip code.

Please contact me through the forum's PM system with any questions and/or more pics.

Thank you,
Ed
Attached Images

Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!